Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44
  1. #1
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    4,188
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Nightmare at Western Union

    Anybody ever try to pick up money there? What a friggen nightmare. First, the amounts are limited so he could only send partial payment, like US$2000 something.

    Went there Thursday (Sirena - POP), they told me that they cannot release the money to me because the sender put my name, e.g. John Charles Doe, as John Charles (last name) Doe (2nd last name). I had passport and cedula handy and even though all 3 names matched they wouldn't give it to me. The sender denies putting my middle name as another last name, he says whoever entered it from the form must have entered it wrong. Called the sender and had him change it.

    Went there Friday and Saturday and there were too many people standing in line, so couldn't get it.

    Went there today and I was told the money is there but I need the sender's name. I told them I have the sender's name and wrote it down on paper. No, the name is not there. So I called the sender he told me his assistant sent it. Sender says he was not aware that I will need the sender's (assistant) name. Of course, they could have told me this on my first visit because I handed them the paper with the sender's name.

    So I guess I will try a 5th time tomorrow. What a waste of time. Western Union was not my choosing, and will never be in the future.

    The simplest things can be so frustrating sometimes.

  2. #2
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    33,051
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conchman View Post
    Anybody ever try to pick up money there? What a friggen nightmare. First, the amounts are limited so he could only send partial payment, like US$2000 something.

    Went there Thursday (Sirena - POP), they told me that they cannot release the money to me because the sender put my name, e.g. John Charles Doe, as John Charles (last name) Doe (2nd last name). I had passport and cedula handy and even though all 3 names matched they wouldn't give it to me. The sender denies putting my middle name as another last name, he says whoever entered it from the form must have entered it wrong. Called the sender and had him change it.

    Went there Friday and Saturday and there were too many people standing in line, so couldn't get it.

    Went there today and I was told the money is there but I need the sender's name. I told them I have the sender's name and wrote it down on paper. No, the name is not there. So I called the sender he told me his assistant sent it. Sender says he was not aware that I will need the sender's (assistant) name. Of course, they could have told me this on my first visit because I handed them the paper with the sender's name.

    So I guess I will try a 5th time tomorrow. What a waste of time. Western Union was not my choosing, and will never be in the future.

    The simplest things can be so frustrating sometimes.
    Western Union is the worst jackoff service in this country. my son sent me some money once , and i produced my passport to claim it. they said they could not give it to me, because my first name was spelt Micheal instead of Michael. so, even though i had the MTCN, and all his info, plus the amount he sent, they made me go through the hassle of calling the kid in Arizona, and have him go to the sending branch in his town to do it all over.

    last saturday, my buddyīs wife went to send some money to her mother in Veron. they asked for her cedula, but she only had her driverīs license. a driverīs license has the cedula number on it, but they made her go get the cedula.

    they blow.

  3. Likes jd426 liked this post
  4. #3
    DR1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    20,728
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We used them ONCE, when our regular envio place was closed, to send money to my brother-in-law to pay bills at our house there. He has a middle name that we didn't use, and like you, had to jump through 1000 hoops before he could collect the money.
    I thought that anything over $2999 triggered the problem - we once sent $3,000 USD, but before we could we had to prove where we got it from. Since I had just gone to the bank and cashed a check, it was another nightmare, needed a printout of our statement showing it, thank God we know our bank personnel well. Then we found out if we'd sent $1 less it would have been no problem. Not sure if that's still applicable, now we just wire money directly into our DR dollar account.




    Administrator
    DR1.com

  5. #4
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    831
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It's not Western Union per se, it's Dominicans working there (and everywhere else on the island) that make any service interactions a huge pain.

  6. Likes TP666 liked this post
  7. #5
    Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    61
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    if he put your name wrong he need to cancel and resend it how it work.

  8. #6
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    33,051
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SEO View Post
    if he put your name wrong he need to cancel and resend it how it work.
    actually, it was the dumbass clerk who put the name wrong. i think a kid who has an advanced college degree can spell his dadīs name right.

  9. Likes TP666 liked this post
  10. #7
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,593
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    it seems to work perfectly well for thousand of dumbass sankies who can barely read and write. clearly you are doing something wrong, conchman. try porking wrinkled gringa in depends and have her send you couple of hundreds for a surgery of your sibling or a funeral of a grandparent and see how it goes. i betcha it will be as smooth as a loving seranade.

  11. Likes TP666 liked this post
  12. #8
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    33,051
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    it seems to work perfectly well for thousand of dumbass sankies who can barely read and write. clearly you are doing something wrong, conchman. try porking wrinkled gringa in depends and have her send you couple of hundreds for a surgery of your sibling or a funeral of a grandparent and see how it goes. i betcha it will be as smooth as a loving seranade.
    you are a piece of work...

  13. Likes Celt202 liked this post
  14. #9
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,734
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I used Western Union a couple of times. It was flawless. They asked for every piece of ID that exists but hey this is the land of scams. To bad you had such a bad experience but it makes for a good story

  15. #10
    Gold
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,349
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If you dress like a Puta with some painted on eyebrows ,and look like you just came straight from an all night TLN at a Gringos Hotel , cuz you got that MTCN text from your Sugar Daddy Simp Novio back in the states...

    then you would have no trouble collecting that WU money.

  16. Likes TP666 liked this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •