Romeo Santos Tour 2015

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Just found out Romeo Santos will have a concert at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City this month, check out this list of the 18 venues in the US and Canada [probably other places have the listing too, just came across this one first]

Romeo Santos Calendar 2015, Tour Dates & Concerts

I'm going to see him in Toronto next week.

He is finnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeee. mmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm...... k i'll stop.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Many years ago, when they were first starting out in New Jersey, they were playing at a little club outside of Atlantic City on the White Horse Pike. Our son was in college then, [Rutgers had a Dominican Club, probably still does, and he knew Aventura through that], and he came home that weekend to go to the show. Tiny venue, kind of like the old Mauna Loa in SD. He tried to get Mr. AE to go with him, but he's not a bachata fan [but loves his merengues!]. I remember the next day he told me he thought they were going to be big. He was right. A few years later, they sold out Madison Square Garden.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Many years ago, when they were first starting out in New Jersey, they were playing at a little club outside of Atlantic City on the White Horse Pike. Our son was in college then, [Rutgers had a Dominican Club, probably still does, and he knew Aventura through that], and he came home that weekend to go to the show. Tiny venue, kind of like the old Mauna Loa in SD. He tried to get Mr. AE to go with him, but he's not a bachata fan [but loves his merengues!]. I remember the next day he told me he thought they were going to be big. He was right. A few years later, they sold out Madison Square Garden.

i have a problem with the idea of saying that a person sold out a venue when there are several other artists on the billing.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
he sold out yankee stadium. . .TWO nights. . .

Yankee Stadium is 50,000 people. there were other artists on the billing. several of those tickets were complimentary giveaways.

when he can draw 107,000 people from all ethnic groups, like Major Lazer did last summer, then come back and talk to me.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Yankee Stadium is 50,000 people. there were other artists on the billing. several of those tickets were complimentary giveaways.

when he can draw 107,000 people from all ethnic groups, like Major Lazer did last summer, then come back and talk to me.

We get it, you don't like him. Don't try to minimize his popularity.

Major Lazer is NOT Dominican, this is not OT forum.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
We get it, you don't like him. Don't try to minimize his popularity.

Major Lazer is NOT Dominican, this is not OT forum.

i don?t like anyone who is supposed to be a singer , but uses a digital voice enhancer. i absolutely love Juan Luis Guerra, because he is an artist. he can sing without some voice altering contraption.

i made mention of Major Lazer to show that 50 grand is not any mind blowing crowd.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
i don?t like anyone who is supposed to be a singer , but uses a digital voice enhancer. i absolutely love Juan Luis Guerra, because he is an artist. he can sing without some voice altering contraption.

i made mention of Major Lazer to show that 50 grand is not any mind blowing crowd.

Major Lazer as in "DJs". . . .pressing play and throwing hands in the air? Romeo sings like a girl but the dude can sing. If/when he uses autotune it is for effect not for failure to stay in tune.

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
He actually did his dress rehearsal at the Kings arena all the way out here in Sacramento. I had a prior engagement that night though.