Interview with Ramfis Trujillo

Aug 6, 2006
Ramfis died in Spain in 1969. He had an accident with his Ferrari and was injured and later died of Pneumonia in a hospital in Madrid.

Aug 6, 2006
I think that he was a bit of a spoiled brat as a child who then became a spoiled adult. By the time the father died, he was perfectly adapted to being a playboy, like his pal, Porfirio Rubirosa.
He was unable to hold the old regime together and gravitated back to being a playboy.

Porfirio crashed his Ferrari into a chestnut tree, while Ramfis crashed his into the Duchess of Albuquerque. The Duchess did not survive, and I have been unable to determine the fate of the tree.

Ramfis' Ferrarri was stored away somewhere unrestored until it was sold for ?50,000 in 2013.

Prefirio was much better at polo, but he had more practice.

Not even Prince Rainier managed to be both a ruler and a playboy, but he was hereditary and Monaco is microscopic and very wealthy.

May 12, 2005
I think that he was a bit of a spoiled brat as a child who then became a spoiled adult. By the time the father died, he was perfectly adapted to being a playboy, like his pal, Porfirio Rubirosa.
He was unable to hold the old regime together and gravitated back to being a playboy.

Porfirio crashed his Ferrari into a chestnut tree, while Ramfis crashed his into the Duchess of Albuquerque. The Duchess did not survive, and I have been unable to determine the fate of the tree.

Ramfis' Ferrarri was stored away somewhere unrestored until it was sold for ?50,000 in 2013.

Prefirio was much better at polo, but he had more practice.

Not even Prince Rainier managed to be both a ruler and a playboy, but he was hereditary and Monaco is microscopic and very wealthy.

Exactly, he had become used to the Playboy lifestyle and did not have any interest in being President of the country. Much to his father's dismay. If his father had lived on and died a natural death it would have been interesting to see who would have succeeded him.

Aug 6, 2006
I can't say that being an irresponsible playboy is a worse life choice than being a lecherous greedhead old tyrant.
I think that Ramfis would be LOTS more fun to hang out with than, say, Bashir Al-Assad, who seems to have been really good at following in his father's footsteps.
Ramfis was responsible, so far as I know, only for the accidental death of some equally fatuous Spanish duchess.

I would say that the world in general and the Dominicans in particular are better off because Ramfis chose the life of a Ferrari-driving, womanizing, scandal mongering, playboy than another Baby Doc or Bashi Al-Assad.

I think we can acknowledge that the Generalissimo did build roads and unify a disorganized backward country, but he probably did all that a tyrant could do, and no second act was necessary or even desirable.

Sep 20, 2003
Exactly, he had become used to the Playboy lifestyle and did not have any interest in being President of the country. Much to his father's dismay. If his father had lived on and died a natural death it would have been interesting to see who would have succeeded him.

Trujillo had already decided to replace Ramfis with his younger brother, but Trujillo was assassinated before he could make it happen.

PanfilodeVaca

Jan 12, 2014
Remember, the fact that you have seen it here is confidential and must not be disclosed.

Was the wooden interviewer there in some US government capacity?

My favorite part was the squeaking door at around 5:16.