Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Energy Conservation

On the heels of the 'Water Conservation' thread.....

Electricity is expensive in RD and in rural Ontario Canada ( where I am now)
    we are only here a few months , so I don't fuss as much as in RD where I am solar and totally independent.

Cdn Kitchen track lighting has 7 halogen 50w bulbs..... 350 watts total.. here in Barney Fife country

out of principle, I looked at it..... the LED angle

Cdn Tire sells a 2 pack for $25 Cdn...... 22 yr life --------- I'll be dead
    but still , that's ~ $100 ($80 US)

In Cabrera, I have only LED.... no clue about the cost

I switched in Canada...... and expect big savings.

I would suggest that people import LED to RD to reduce energy costs.... why not ?

I have followed the water conservation advice.
    Like dv8, I now shut off the water to soap and lather up

I think of her every time I do it.

and I am cleaner for it ....

Hopefully , you'll think of me when you turn the lights on......... or off..........
    for my suggestion

2. Likes sosuamatt liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Halogen is hot and LED is not. LED has been dropping in price in your boonies for the past 3 years. It is the future and soon all will be LED when they solve the problems of a higher wattage. Ontario hydro costs are considerably higher than RD because of the all the extra charges. I am pleased with how low my electrical bill is for Jan-Mar in DR. Much lower than at home in Ontario. Here you only pay for the kwh used with no added on bull**** government taxes and multiple fees.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

owww, WW, so sweet! i will think of you when i soap up my pasty body tonight

on a serious note, i'm not sure we save energy, really. luckily in a household of two it is relatively easy to keep an eye on the lights, fans and appliances. our lights are low consumption bulbs, we are slowly switching to LED. some stuff is plugged in and on at all times: computers, modems, phones, sensors and so on. i try to organize laundry so that we do larger loads at a time.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

LED all you can..... HUGE savings

LED prices should come down , big time- soon

Makes a diffy when power is $$$

I'm in Klem KadiddleHopper town here..... mucho dinero for luz

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Good I am still trying to figure out hoe my ednorte bil went from 1500 one month to 2500 the next with less hours of electricity??? Only wy to live right here is to stop the system from fcuking you !!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sosuamatt View Post
    Halogen is hot and LED is not. LED has been dropping in price in your boonies for the past 3 years. It is the future and soon all will be LED when they solve the problems of a higher wattage. Ontario hydro costs are considerably higher than RD because of the all the extra charges. I am pleased with how low my electrical bill is for Jan-Mar in DR. Much lower than at home in Ontario. Here you only pay for the kwh used with no added on bull**** government taxes and multiple fees.
    No you just pay for all the people that do not pay I have noticed the increase in my bill last 2 months and nothing has changed in my house and i have had ede norte and my personal electrician check my line for peeople tapped into it and result negative Punto es electricity continues to get more exspensive every month just because ?????

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

LEDs are getting cheaper and better all the time. Check for sales. No more compact fluorescents for me! Aside from the energy savings, they simply don't burn out. With daily use, incandescents last about a year, fluorescents maybe two or three. LEDs are suppose to last 20.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I have lived in the same home for almost 30 years. The electric bill never lowers just raises. We have normally 2-3 failures per day. of 2-4 hours. Sometimes we have a 3 day black out. The electric bill comes the same every month [Some higher] The electric and gasoline prices here have no reality.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bermyboy View Post
    Good I am still trying to figure out hoe my ednorte bil went from 1500 one month to 2500 the next with less hours of electricity??? Only wy to live right here is to stop the system from fcuking you !!
    simple really.
    less street power, more time on invertor, more time invertor on charge when power is on. those fcukers draw up to 20A or more on charge.
    or your batteries could be on their way out.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a house across the road from where I live. It is vacant but still has the electricity hooked up. I pay 52 pesos a month for electricity. I have an apartment above my house that we rent for week-ends or short term stays. My bill when it remains vacant is usually less than 100 pesos. So no use - almost no cost. If you want reality with the price of gasoline you'll be paying more.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast