stupid question about corra plata water

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
Im ready for the answers whatever they may be lol

How much do people pay that dont actually receive any water via the street water ? I know we are supposed to pay for the privilege of using our own well, but how much do other people pay and what is considered a normal amount ? I would have thought that over 1500 a month would be rather steep for not actually being supplied with any by the company.
We have not received any for over a year but it turns out we were expected to pay for it , eventhough we had to fill our reservoir from water trucks for a few months - they(cora plata) are in the area so expect a call from them soon if you dont have any water ;-), they will be asking where you get it and why you havent paid them for them not delivering it to you via their pipes

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
are you asking about the monthly rate for the use of a well? i know few folks with wells but none of them pay anything. or are you asking about monthly costs of buying water by the truck? then the price will depend on the location, size of a household and the quantity of the water purchased. the price of a truck can vary from about 500 pesos to 3,000, depending on the area of the DR and size of the truck.

i remember from previous threads that water in sosua was more expensive than in POP, per each truck. kinda sucks. we are lucky because we get city water at a flat rate of 477 pesos a month and never had any issue with water.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
im asking about the cost of paying for the water that you get from your own well - 1500 pesos per month being asked for in my case as that was the cost of supplying city water which used to arrive but hasnt for a year, hence the need for a well.

TP666

Sep 6, 2005
I pay nothing for my well- INAPA charge for me is 4,200 rd per year. Juan Dolio

TP666

Sep 6, 2005
That sucks; I pay nothing for my well- INAPA charge for me is 4,200 rd per year.Have pool 7,000 gal. fish pond 15,000 gal and storage tank 9,000 ga and a fish tank 7,000 gal l am in Juan Dolio

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
be great open up a water comp. compete with others....not deliver any water just collect the money$ wow...free trade...

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
I expected a few more replies considering the amount of people with wells ;-)

Dont know if you still need to have a water contract as part of your resident permit. But 30 years ago you did. When i went for a new contract i found no one had paid for water in more than 40 years. They told me pay the outstanding bill or no contract. I did the Dominican thing got a Dominican lawyer to dummy up one for me. They never checked to see if it was authentic .

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I expected a few more replies considering the amount of people with wells ;-)

I must admit this is not a topic that generally comes up over a beverage and chit-chat. That being the case, I know of no one in my area that pays a monthly charge for their well water; and everyone here has a well.

egonvw

Jan 12, 2011
TP666, where in jd? will be in my apartment (guayacanes) from june 22 for 2 month

Aug 21, 2007
jr, you are right. Corraaplata does charge for wells. Most people drill them without letting the company know that they created their own other water source.

Infiniti Blu has not been receiving water service from Corraaplate for many months now. The company continues to bill us, while we have been buying truck after truck of their water. We have written many letters and spoken to people all the wat to the top. Now, we are looking at legal options.

However, through the discussions about our water issues there, we learned that Corraaplata also charges for wells on your property. Their basis is that water belongs to the public, not any one individual. Thus, as the company that provides (or not) water service throughout the Dominican Republic, an individual must pay them for the water he pumps from his well.

Lindsey

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
jr is is right, that is true. there is a law that all water should be paid for. but still, none of the well owners i know pay a penny to coraaplata...

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
so 1500 would be a high rate for having ones own well I would think, it was high for receiving water(when corra plata actually supplied it ) but we were just glad to recieve some at the time so paid virtually treble what everyone else is paying..... now it seems we have to pay treble for not getting any

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
oh my, there's no making some folks happy, is there? talk off topic? complains. talk on topic only? more complains.