Dark Chocolate

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Hi,

where would I be able to get Dark Chocolate (organic brands with 70% cocoa or higher)?

I don't think that the kind of "Munne" does the trick...

Any tips?

Thx.

jackfi

Mar 31, 2013
I don't remember do they have organic, but Carrefour has a good selection of dark chocolates.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I think I might try that:

[video=youtube;peOXysxi-dg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peOXysxi-dg[/video]

drstranger

Sep 8, 2013
Del Oro sells 6 types of organic chocolate. The factory is located in Puerto Plata (near the coco cola distribution center). But tthey sell the bars in all the supermarkets in Sosua and Caberate. They have a 70% cacao bar.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Del Oro sells 6 types of organic chocolate. The factory is located in Puerto Plata (near the coco cola distribution center). But tthey sell the bars in all the supermarkets in Sosua and Caberate. They have a 70% cacao bar.

Too far away for chocolate. I am in SDQ... ;)

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Cabarete Coffee Company and The Chocolate Bar/Cafe in Cabarete both sell "Organic" Dominican Dark Chocolate.

Frank

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Could they do any worse of a job of distribution and marketing? Having to go to Santo Domingo when we have people dieing on the north coast from a lack of good chocolate?

Since the OP is IN Santo Domingo, I betcha he's a happy camper with Tambo's post. Maybe some kind soul in SD would ship you some?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Could they do any worse of a job of distribution and marketing? Having to go to Santo Domingo when we have people dieing on the north coast from a lack of good chocolate?

Windy we had guys swapping Oxtail on Caribe tours for Jimmy Dean!

I realize without a phone you may have to go to an internet cafe to contact these folks, but I guarantee if you wired them Caribe Cash, you could get a Choco Package sent on next Caribe Tours bus.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Windy we had guys swapping Oxtail on Caribe tours for Jimmy Dean!

I realize without a phone you may have to go to an internet cafe to contact these folks, but I guarantee if you wired them Caribe Cash, you could get a Choco Package sent on next Caribe Tours bus.
I have a phone which can all any number in the world. Just not a cell phone.

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
Kah Kow... One of the best dark chocolate i ever had.

Made here in DR, 100% organic and they have ton of different stuff.

You can find kah kow store at galeria 360, blue mall from what i remember, but im sure theres more store around different mall, all the products i have try from there are really really good, enjoy.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
It doesn't need to be fancy or pricey stuff, just tablets of Dark Chocolate, minimum 70 %. Will have a look at those places mentioned.

Thanks all! :)