darwin awards - DR edition

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Well, Nelson is clearly the winner, me thinks...

What did he win, who gets his prize now? :dead:

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I would say the other one who clearly lost but doesn't have to pay (assuming they bet money).

It s hard to believe that story.

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
I hope this game will be popular and more people will "win", saving this country from being overpopulated and compensating the abortions law..

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Brooke Shields once quipped, "When you die, you lose a very important part of your life."

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I hope this game will be popular and more people will "win", saving this country from being overpopulated and compensating the abortions law..

Is that you, Hernandez? I recognize the attitude.

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
One of my ex's cousins bought a new moto and floored it right away, driving into a electric pole and breaking his neck.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I was expecting the victim to be a teen at most. What a shock these were 40 and 50-somethings.

GioMed

Oct 6, 2011
I was expecting the victim to be a teen at most. What a shock these were 40 and 50-somethings.

sounds kind of fishy...ones' natural instinct should take over, to save yourself, get
away from imminent danger. as evidence in the unfortunate scene on
9-11 (jumping from a tower) hmmn..more here than meets the eye..me thinks

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002

I always wonder if I'm too much online when I read the first five words of a post and know for sure who the poster is.

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
So what should I post, condolences to his family? You guys started this thread as a funny joke, not like tragic news about irreplaceable loss to Dominican society, right? And now you complain about comments.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
... known fact:

nfoaxt.jpg

U.S. swimming pools ban long breath-holding after deaths | Daily Mail Online

Breath-Holding In The Pool Can Spark Sudden Blackouts And Death : Shots - Health News : NPR

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
sounds kind of fishy...ones' natural instinct should take over, to save yourself, get
away from imminent danger. as evidence in the unfortunate scene on
9-11 (jumping from a tower) hmmn..more here than meets the eye..me thinks

Should, but drinking a gallon of Brugal in the sun....................... I have no doubt this guy believed he could breathe under water.
A guy was killed in Hamaca a few months ago for playing the drowning game in the pool, and I know it's not rare. A young guy died while we were there a couple of years ago. Several men gather around one on the middle then hold him down on the bottom of the pool with thier feet for as long as he/they can. Or these idiots probably manage it themselves, hold bresthe, black out and drown coz no one gives a toss.

I can see where suspicion would rise anywhere else, but 'Man drowns after trying to breathe under water' does not even raise an eyebrow when in DR headlines. Sadly it's the kind of stuff we're used to hearing.

'Man electocuted while swinging from mains powerlines'

'Security guard blows head off while using shot gun as pillow'

blah blah blah, they are all surprusingly interesting to read, just as a reminder how fukcing stupid people can be. And no none of them are exclusively related to DR, but nowhere else are all of the dumbest possible acts so concentrated, and run of the mill.