BBC iPlayer Global Any one using this in the DR?

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
It appears Medhint and Hola no longer work in the DR to access BBC Iplayer. I discovered there is an app named BBC iPlayer Global, but am unable to locate it.
BBC Iplayer normally is not accessable from out of the UK. But this Global app might just work.

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
I have all those and more installed. The problem is after I get access to the BBC Iplayer site all it responds with is try again. No matter what I try to do I get that response each and every time. thanks

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
maybe you need to clean your computer, hola works fine for me, could be something to do with connection speed

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
I don't watch BBC every day but pretty frequently. Yes there did seem to be a problem a week or so back but not on all channels. Anyway I tried it a few minute bach
and was able to watch all channels using media hint. I googled BBC iPlayer and the page said it was closing the service down due to complaints
from US cable operators who said that if the BBC didn't pull global they would pull BBC America . Which I have occasionally watched, I found it the worst BBC channel I have ever seen
the "ennertainment" very badly selected. Good luck anyway. Even US channels aren't as bad as Dominican.