fast track for retirees w/proof of income???

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
i read this yesterday anyone heard of this??? proven money$ e z residency fast ...:nervous::confused:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Not that fast according to Cdn_Gringo..... but assured.

Chicapoo..... we have been over this a few times.... there are threads on it.
Rental income is the way the Migracion seem to prefer.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
If you have a provable, sizable pension the DR should roll out the red carpet. But they are scumbags and never see the long run, only see what they can scam you out of today. That mindset is throughout.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Unfortunately, the documents required for ANY form of Residence in the D.R. are a real burden for most seeking it. The documents listed on the Official Residency Website of the Government, are NOT the documents that the Immigration Department requires to fulfill the requirements for residency. It's a never-ending battle, even with legal assistance from even Guzman Ariza, et al. The Website states a "criminal background check from the LOCAL POLICE", but when filed, they require it to be from the F.B.I., etc, etc, etc....it just goes on and on. You have to submit your documents to the Consulate in the U.S./Canada, and they approve them (for a generous fee) and then the Immigration Department in the D.R. says they are not adequate. The government should get their act together. The money that retirees invest in the local economy in the D.R. is sizable.

And, not only report from FBI or RCMP, you need "fingerprints" too.. I went with Guzmans list and they left out the finger print part, cost me an extra $40 bucks after I had already spent $20 bucks with Toronto Police Department... The DR is a piece of ****tt.. I'm only HERE for the CLIMA and Booze... after a while you will bore quickly with these DR women and the half baked brains ( from the Sun).. Not to mention the plethora of Looser Expats that have moved here, people you would never hang out with back home...

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
And, not only report from FBI or RCMP, you need "fingerprints" too.. I went with Guzmans list and they left out the finger print part, cost me an extra $40 bucks after I had already spent $20 bucks with Toronto Police Department... The DR is a piece of ****tt.. I'm only HERE for the CLIMA and Booze... after a while you will bore quickly with these DR women and the half baked brains ( from the Sun).. Not to mention the plethora of Looser Expats that have moved here, people you would never hang out with back home...

Time to go home then? I think I'm one of the LOOSER expats, by the way, but then I like it here!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Is that 'Looser' meant to be 'Loser' ??

Just for clarification...........

Me ? I'm a bit of a hermit..... don't hang out much......

Billp

Feb 2, 2013
Three years ago we did our residency. The documents listed on the immigration website, and on the DR Consolate site in Canada were 100% accurate. The DR consulate were GREAT in helping us out. It was really no issue; just get exactly what they asked for. We have renewed our residency (by ourselves) twice now and the documents on the immigration website again were 100% accurate. The process was easy and in fact way easier than trying to get a green card in the US.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
USA Green cards are very tough to get..... very tough

The new $500K program is the easiest way..... other 'Investor' type entries ( E-2's ) are now $1M

but who would want one.........??
I turned mine in (1980 or so) and avoided it after that - opting for visa programs

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
since i avoid to mingle with expats at all, Life on the Isle is very good.
Residency been as easy as it could be(a while ago, but back in da day so many Expats did the same as they do today, they complained about the "so many requirements and complicated process etc etc).
some would simply starve to dead in front of a nice plate of hot soup, just because they have no Spoon to eat it.
Chic baby,
once you reach adulthood in some more years, get yourself a nice DR Chic at a carwash, marry her, bring a few hundred K's of greenbucks to deposit on a DR account, and wuuuush, you have your fast track

Mike

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
If you have a provable, sizable pension the DR should roll out the red carpet. But they are scumbags and never see the long run, only see what they can scam you out of today. That mindset is throughout.

With the way that a lot of expats refer to Dominicans on here, it's no surprise to me that the DR is beginning to question whether their presence really is required. Anyone who thinks that all Dominicans are scumbags and scammers really doesn't deserve to get any kind of Dominican visa.

I have the Rentista visa, I run a business here and only employ Dominicans, and I have nothing but good things to say about immigration. I had the option to choose to live in the US or the Dominican Republic and chose here because immigration was way less complicated, and there are very significant tax advantages and incentives to living here if you have money abroad. If you don't have any money, then surely it comes as no surprise that the government is making it harder for you to get a visa, nobody needs more poor expats.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
With the way that a lot of expats refer to Dominicans on here, it's no surprise to me that the DR is beginning to question whether their presence really is required. Anyone who thinks that all Dominicans are scumbags and scammers really doesn't deserve to get any kind of Dominican visa.

I have the Rentista visa, I run a business here and only employ Dominicans, and I have nothing but good things to say about immigration. I had the option to choose to live in the US or the Dominican Republic and chose here because immigration was way less complicated, and there are very significant tax advantages and incentives to living here if you have money abroad. If you don't have any money, then surely it comes as no surprise that the government is making it harder for you to get a visa, nobody needs more poor expats.
Who said poor?

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
well said.
and now we are two, as i also solely employ Dominicans. the very long ago few ocassions with employing foreigners, been all shortwhiled, not worth to be considered an option ever again.
no problems with immigrations or residency,
and the only scumbags trying to let me get rid of my assets been til today of foreign origen, the local citizens came out as the way more reliable workers and also as the way more reliable ones to do business and/or partnerships with.

Mike

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
We are all aware that there are plenty of expats here who came with a dream, maybe set up their beach bar or their little restaurant, maybe they married the beautiful chica. Things didn't work out, and now they are penniless, all they can afford is a little electricity and an internet account so they can sit on DR1 all day and bitch about how terrible it is here. Those are the ones that we don't really need.

This country need expats who have regular money coming in from abroad which is reasonably secure, this is why they are interested in people with property income abroad and pensioners. It's completely logical for them to do this and nothing for anyone to complain about.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I was actually going to say that DV8 is an exception, as personally I love the way that you bitch about life here, it brightens up my day.