Inverter and battery

roy

Jan 6, 2002
Hi to everyone

I would like to know what is a good brand name to buy an inverter (1.5) and a place to buy one in sosua or is somewhere else is cheaper. What kind of battery should I buy (brand). I tried to get the archives but was not successful.
Thank you very much and have a great new year
Roy

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
I gotta small one, a 700 and 2 batt. just use it for TV, works great... I bought it second hand, but I guess you should go to Ochoa in Santiago, or Plaza Lama...

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Inverter

Several months ago AZB had some very useful and informed postings on inverters. As part of that string, there was information on where to go for good information, etc. I'd suggest you call up that string in the 2001 archives.

Regarding prices, Sosua prices likely to be higher than Puerto Plata, and even higher than Santiago. I'd suggest you price what is available in Sosua, then check elsewhere before buying.

But look for the 2001 postings as a first step.

Ken

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
I have friends that have been burnt buying bargain inverters and then having to buy the one they should have bought in the first place!

Beware the bargains. In most cases you get what you pay for. Head to a bigger center like Santiago once you have done the research, you will save yourself some cash.

m

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
call eddie Nunez...end of story

Eddie Nunez will tell you everything about inverters and he will install it for you. He speaks perfect english and knows his stuff well. He makes the best inverters in DR.
I have 2 of his units and I have no problems.
Tele: 856 8029 cel.
His prices are very reasonable.
Good luck

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If money is not the issue,buy a "TRACE" invertor with "Trojan" batteries! If you want to save some "serious" pesos,call "Eddie Nunez,Now! My "Best Friend" AZB and I ,agree 100% on every issue on DR1! And 200%,on "Eddie" I have a 2.4 kilo "Nunez" in an apt.,with 4 Trojan" batteries.Price,insallation included,$16,000 pesos.That is "at least" $10,000 pesos less than an equivalent Trace system! I like to "oversize" when I buy an invertor, a 1.5 would probably be ok in a small apt.Eddie travels over the whole island,and seems to be capable and honest.Cel-856-8029 Criss Colon