Toronto Blue Jays with Dominican Players getting it Done! 11 wins in a Row!

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Jays about to sweep the Red Sox in Fenway for 11th in a Row.. Hottest team in the Majors! We are going to the Dance this year bro!!!

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
The blue jay hitters are in a zone right now that no pitcher wants to face them until they cool off.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Jays about to sweep the Red Sox in Fenway for 11th in a Row.. Hottest team in the Majors! We are going to the Dance this year bro!!!

Toronto is hitting the cover off the ball right now but it is a long season with many ups and downs and streaks. The odds are that it will all balance off in the end. Yankees are still in first place as of this morning. The A.L. East Div is quickly becoming one of the toughest in the league, minus the Red Sox.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014

Yes, but we Red Sox fans are resilient. As are the Sox. We ain't dead yet.

It is wonderful seeing all the home-grown talent on so many teams. Guys like Encarnacion, and Nelson Cruz, and Hanley make it the best game in the world.

Go Sox!

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
I will give it to you......

The Jays are hot, and my Red Sox SU_K........

But I don't know if they can close the deal and win the World Series..........

We shall see.......

I mean if the Red Sox can WIN 3 World Series (since 2004) surely the Blue Jays can win one??

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
I will give it to you......

The Jays are hot, and my Red Sox SU_K........

But I don't know if they can close the deal and win the World Series..........

We shall see.......

I mean if the Red Sox can WIN 3 World Series (since 2004) surely the Blue Jays can win one??

It took the Red Sox 89yrs to win in 2004.....If the Jays were around THAT long they probably would have won quite a few more than the two wins they already have.....If they spent the money the Red Sox spent they would have more rings too.....

At least they got 2 in under 40 yrs.....

My thoughts not yours........

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
It took the Red Sox 89yrs to win in 2004.....If the Jays were around THAT long they probably would have won quite a few more than the two wins they already have.....If they spent the money the Red Sox spent they would have more rings too.....

At least they got 2 in under 40 yrs.....

My thoughts not yours........

86 years boy genius,

I'm a glass is half full type of guy, I look at it different.......

You see 1 World Series in 86 years, I see 3 World Series wins in 11 years.......

But whateva, your passion is duly noted........

The rest of your drivel is pure conjecture.........

The Blue Jays are an extremely hot team right now.......

But until they win a World Series, they haven't done anything......

It's June, not October........

And yes........

My thoughts........not yours........

(Why would you even say that ridiculous corny statement)

Go Blue Jays!!!!!!!!

I hope they can close the deal.......

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
The Blue Jays went down in flames, what a shock!

Not really......

They couldn't close the deal.......

Oh well......

There's always next year.......

GO RED SOX!!!!!!........LET'S GET A FOURTH WORLD SERIES IN 12 YEARS!!!!

Oh, and did I mention........

THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS ARE UNDEFEATED....... (didn't mean to change the subject )

Have a great day Blue Jays fans!!!!

Sorry Annac........I like you......But not the Blue Jays. .....

Hey maybe they'll trade a few of their Dominican players in the off season......

Lord knows they have enough of them........

(Including David Price of course)

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Since when did David Price become a Dominican ???

David Price from Tennessee is a proven non-performer in play off games.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Toronto Blue Jays ace David Price slipped the black backpack over his shoulders, put a white cap backwards on his head, and slowly trudged out of the visiting clubhouse door.

He walked through the corridor, into the crowded lobby, filled with boisterous Kansas City Royals’ family members. He looked to his left, and saw his parents waiting.

He gave his dad, Bonnie, a long embrace. Then his mom, Debbie. His older brother, Jackie. His long-time agent, Bo McKinnis. And several friends.

And then disappeared into the night.

It was 12:07 a.m.

The Blue Jays’ season was over, losing 4-3 to the Kansas City Royals in Game 6 of the ALCS, in front of 40,494 at Kaufman Stadium.

USA TODAY

Royals win wet, wild Game 6 over Blue Jays, advance to World Series again

The Royals will go on, returning to the World Series to play the New York Mets.

And Price will be going back to Toronto, packing up his locker and downtown apartment, likely having worn a Blue Jays’ uniform for the final time.

“I loved it here, it was awesome,’’ Price said. “We played well, I just wish I could have kept it going.’’

Price and his teammates weren’t supposed to leave until Sunday, carrying the American League pennant across the Canadian border and past customs officials, but now their flight is scheduled at 10 a.m., Saturday.

They realize is the final time they’ll all be together.

Blue Jays reliever LaTroy Hawkins, 42, went into the umpire’s room for a final time, and thanked them for their services, particularly Laz Diaz, who came up with Hawkins 20 seasons ago. He stopped into Blue Jays manager John Gibbons’ office. And he hugged Blue Jays president Paul Beeston, telling him it was a privilege, spending the last 2 ? months of his career in Toronto.

Hawkins then said good-bye, retiring at the age of 42.

USA TODAY

Mets-Royals World Series: Five crucial matchups to watch

Veteran pitcher Mark Buehrle, one of the first ones to leave, yelled to his teammates telling them he’ll see them next spring.

“Where, in the Cardinals’ camp?’’ someone yelled.

Buehrle hasn’t announced his retirement, but he spent his last day with the Blue Jays, hugging teammate R.A. Dickey on his way out the door.

“It was a magical season in a lot of ways,’’ Dickey said. “To be one of the best last three teams in the world is pretty awesome.

“But it’s so fresh right now, it’s hard to be satisfied with your season.

“In a day or two, I’ll be happy we got as far as we did, but all of us in here think we should be moving on. We may have been the better team, but we didn’t play our best, and that’s what was painful.’’

The Blue Jays didn’t get a single hit with a runner in scoring position, going 0-for-12, including that excruciating ninth inning. They had runners on second and third with no outs. Strikeouts. Strikeout. Groundout.

They were frustrated with the strike zone in the ninth inning, and irritated fan interference wasn’t called on Mike Moustakas’ homer in the second inning, but there were no visible signs of anger. No one raised their voice.

Only silence, and muffled sounds, with Price’s body slumped with dejection.

Price never stopped to sit down and eat the steak and crab legs with his teammates. He engaged in precious little small talk, except to grab a bottle of lotion on Hawkins’ chair. He talked briefly to reporters, showered, dressed, and was gone.

Price’s teammates, and Gibbons, spent the postgame raving about how well he pitched. He gave up two homers in the first 15 pitches he threw, but then retired 18 of the final 20 batters he faced. It was the first time in eight postseason starts that he didn’t lose.

Price couldn’t care less about his final pitching line: 6 2/3 innings, five hits, three runs, one walk and eight strikeouts.

All he knows is the final score.

“I didn’t pitch,’’ Price said, “good enough to win.’’

That’s all that mattered to Price, who’s as good a pitcher as anyone in this game, but was left with his head slumped, hands on his knees, looking on in disbelief.

Price has had eight of these postseason starts, for three different teams, but this one hurt the most.

This is the one that sent the Blue Jays home for the winter, and in all likelihood, it will the last time he’ll wear the uniform.

He’s eligible for free agency when the season ends, and should become the highest-paid pitcher in baseball history, or at least come close.

“Anybody who tells you they don’t want David Price on your team,’’ said Blue Jays right fielder Jose Bautista, who hit two homers, “you better have them checked with a psychologist or a psychiatrist. There has to be something wrong with them.

“He’s been great. In the regular season and in the in playoffs, he gave us a chance to win ballgames.

“Of course, I want him back.’’

The Blue Jays, almost to a man, will tell you that they never had a greater teammate in their career, opening his heart to his teammates, and even his checkbook, buying them everything from dinners to motor scooters to bathrobes, in the sake of clubhouse camaraderie.

“He is the most genuine, humble, down-to-earth person you could ever possibly meet,’’ said Jays starter Marcus Stroman, who was scheduled to start the Game 7 that never came. “He loves and cares for every single one of his teammates. I can't put into words how crucial he is to our clubhouse, how crucial he is to our camaraderie.

“He's the glue that gets everyone going. He's the man behind it all. I just consider myself lucky to be one of his teammates and call him a friend.

“He's one of the best human beings I've ever been around in my life, on and off the field.’’

Now, he almost assuredly will be gone.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...cord-david-price-still-prime-target/74523152/

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Never said he was......

He just s.cks when it counts.....

Just include him in any one of their off season trades.......

too many ARod types on the Blue Jays team. they are great in the regular season, but when the bright lights come on, that is the time they choose to flop. i saw this coming. hot as a habanero in August, dead meat in October.