Punta Arenas complex

Oct 2, 2011
Peravia, Bani
15 junio, 2015 Por M. Su?rez

Este martes 16 de junio se dar? el primer picazo al proyecto tur?stico que el Grupo Puntacana junto a las familias Selman, Rizek y Read levantar? en la zona de Los Corbanitos en Ban?, provincia Peravia, complejo que integrar? dos hoteles, y que desde ya se perfila como la iniciativa que empujar? el desarrollo de la industria tur?stica en la regi?n Sur del pa?s.

El acto del arranque del complejo denominado PUNTARENA est? pautado para las 4 de la tarde y estar? encabezado por el presidente Danilo Medina, seg?n ha sabido arecoa.com, y contar? tambi?n con la presencia de los principales l?deres tur?sticos de los sectores p?blico y privado del pa?s.

El complejo que impulsan los accionistas de Spring Bay Development, representa seg?n dijo en su momento el ministro de Turismo, Francisco Javier Garc?a, ?el fuego que encender? la pradera del desarrollo de la regi?n Sur del pa?s?. Mientras que el propio presidente Medina ha demostrado tener grandes expectativas con el proyecto tur?stico que Frank Rainieri promueve junto a las citadas familias empresariales del pa?s.

Con esta iniciativa, Rainieri, quien es considerado el padre del turismo en la regi?n Este del pa?s, ahora se lanza a desarrollar un destino hasta el momento dormido a la actividad tur?stica, pero que no deja de tener gran potencial por sus atractivos naturales.

Sin pretender desarrollar en la regi?n Sur otro proyecto similar al de Punta Cana, el grupo tur?stico que preside Rainieri, s? quiere sacar provecho de una marca que encierra prestigio y que cautiva al turista del m?s alto nivel, es por ello que tal como ha adelantado este digital han optado por denominar al proyecto ?PUNTARENA?, marca muy relacionada con la emblem?tica Punta Cana.

El complejo integrar? dos hoteles de 400 habitaciones y un ?rea residencial, estando a?n pendiente por definir si operar? bajo la modalidad de ?todo incluido? o no. Por el potencial que encierra Ban? para el desarrollo del turismo y por los accionistas que participan en esta apuesta, desde ya los principales actores de la industria la han catalogado como la punta de lanza del tan anhelado avance tur?stico del Sur.

631 Compartir Compartir

Me gusta Me gusta

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Thanks for the article. Mr. AE has been following this project, and is trying to convince me to move there/build a house there in the complex.

kfrancis

Jan 8, 2002
rockharddesigns.com
Observation from the Frontier: Punta Arena

I find it ironic that these " well known " Dominican developers are promoting a site in Bani that already exist near Barahona. Punta Arena is a major geographic feature located on almost ALL maps of the Republica Dominicana ( H11 - Hammond International ) as being on the Larimar Coast just before you get to Paraiso on Highway 44. In local folklore it is known as the " Puerta de Paraiso " ( The Gateway to Paradise ) and was a major obstacle faced by Trujillo when he was building the coastal highway. It is where the Bararuco mountain range fronts up to the sea and you can be in 1000m deep water just offshore. Even today engineers are trying to find a better route for the new Barahona - Pedernales highway to eliminate the sharp downhill curves along that stretch of road.

kFrancisco de Cabral

Yacine

Oct 23, 2005
the new Barahona - Pedernales ?

Hi Francis

This is first time I hear about a new Barahona - Pedernales highway project.. what is it status ?

(I live in the hills just above La Ci?naga)

regards
Yacine

Even today engineers are trying to find a better route for the new Barahona - Pedernales highway to eliminate the sharp downhill curves along that stretch of road.

kFrancisco de Cabral

Oct 2, 2011
Peravia, Bani
Puntarena project

Construction begins Puntarena project
Danilo Medina and take the first shovel Ranieri

Medina, with Ranieri and project partners Puntarena.
Sabana Buey, Peravia. With the first shovel, which gave President Danilo Medina yesterday and businessman Frank Ranieri, chairman of the Puntacana Group, yesterday officially started the construction of the tourism project Puntarena, located about 33 kilometers of Bani, municipality of the province Peravia .

The project will consist of 15 million square meters, and about 7 kilometers of coast, designed with all the basic services of high quality, such as security, system of sewage collection and disposal, permanent power and drinking water.

Delivering the keynote speech, Ranieri explained that in the first phase, they have called Bay Flamenco, for these birds that inhabit the place, develop an area of ​​2 million meters, with areas of beaches and hills.

Additional areas have two hotels, with a capacity of 1,200 rooms each, with no more than four stories high, pools, recreational areas, restaurants, and all the amenities that hotels require this level, said tourism entrepreneur.

Similarly, the first phase includes a condo-hotel of 180 apartments beach, clubhouse, recreation area, a berth for 15 boats and other facilities.

He stressed that the Ranieri family, together with their partners Rizek, Selman and Reid groups, will create a unique destination in the country, opening the door to the particularly beautiful and diverse region South Dominican Republic. "The project has been conceived with a philosophy of respect for natural resources, and includes a preservation area, inspired by the experience of over 20 years Puntacana Ecological Foundation," he said.

Ranieri invited the audience to close their eyes and visualize what is now there, so that within five years they witness that, with vision, perseverance and work, will be built.

Meanwhile, Tourism Minister Francisco Javier Garcia said that the activity was "lighting a spark that will ignite the prairie development of the entire southern region of the country."

Puntarena said project is a kind of high standard and high quality.

The ceremony was also attended by the ministers of the Presidency Administrative Jose Ramon Peralta, and Public Works, Gonzalo Castillo, as well as representatives of families Rizek, Selman, Read, and senators Wilton Guerrero, Peravia; Charlie Mariotti, Monte Plata and civil and military authorities in the province.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
i spent two weeks in bani...didnt think much of it of course that was before all the action...didnt meet any chicas or visit any discos or go to many restaurants...think i stayed home most ...rented a honda 50(highlite)of my trip...of course i didnt speak a word of spanish and no one (beside)host spoke english...but a wonderful time....:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
This is a great news, finally Santo Domingo Airport will have more destinations when this project finish.

Unless Ranieri builds another airport. Remember he is a major share holder in Groupo PuntCana which owns the Punta Cana airport

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Unless Ranieri builds another airport. Remember he is a major share holder in Groupo PuntCana which owns the Punta Cana airport

Thats impossible another airport hahaha, a group of investor from another project in Bani few years ago asked to the President to build an airport in Bani, lol, they think we are USA that has airports in every state.

Goverment will finish the Circunavalacion Fase III that is the last one to connect with Samana road. We could see soon more destinations from SDQ.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Thats impossible another airport hahaha, a group of investor from another project in Bani few years ago asked to the President to build an airport in Bani, lol, they think we are USA that has airports in every state.

Goverment will finish the Circunavalacion Fase III that is the last one to connect with Samana road. We could see soon more destinations from SDQ.

And don't forget the Bani ring road which is still in the planning and due to go to tender this year, which would along with the SD ring road make Punta Arena about one hour from SDQ and open up further west now the Azua ring road is advancing.

http://www.arecoa.com/destinos/2018...ere-atencion-del-estado-proyeccion-turistica/