Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Warning - inline skater active in Santo Domingo

I heard several reports of people almost being assaulted by a guy on inline skates plus another guy on a motorcycle. Apparently active near Av. Italia in Santo Domingo. The guy on skates will by skating around cars trying which door he can open and enter your car.

There is a guy on a motorcycle ready to let him escape if might get caught. Keep your doors locked while driving.

Denuncian intento de atraco por asaltante en patines en avenida Italia con Josť Contreras

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

That intersection gets congested at times, I know that area well. I pictured Jose Contreras and Italia intersection nearer to Anacaonda, this photo is further down Italia towards Independencia - even busier there. Jose Contreras zigzags down Italia there.

Thanks for the heads up.

Administrator
    DR1.com

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

do they have weapons or do they just snatch and go.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

First thing you should do is lock your door when you get in your car!!!!!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully he will get run over by a bus. Nothing like fresh road kill to solve the problem.

6. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    *** I love DR1! ***
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember about 10 years ago I was driving my Dodge Ram on Av. Maximo Gomez in SD, late at night, the street was almost empty, no cars, I looked at my left mirror and I saw a black face there... WTF? that was a roller guy, young kid, he was just behind the cabin, I did not noticed when he hooked up to my truck... But since I had no idea if it's just a roller kid or maybe he has a gun, I just hit the brake pedal to the floor. The guy was flying in the air like a circus acrobat. I don't know how many bones he broke, I just left quickly

8. Likes curlando, melphis liked this post
    *** I love DR1! ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mauricio View Post
    skating around cars trying which door he can open and enter your car.

There is a guy on a motorcycle ready to let him escape if might get caught.
    Usually it's just 2 guys on a moto in those express atracos. A skater guy is something new.

*** I love DR1! ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleysrock View Post
    First thing you should do is lock your door when you get in your car!!!!!
    Unfortunately, this will not help if they have a gun and if they really want your money or smartphone or something else. They just shoot thru the glass or thru the door if you don't open it, or they shoot right away.. The armored car is the only solution, expensive but it's worth it.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

or build a steel box and bolt it down on the passenger side so you can put your phone wallet and id in there

12. Likes Mauricio liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    Unfortunately, this will not help if they have a gun and if they really want your money or smartphone or something else. They just shoot thru the glass or thru the door if you don't open it, or they shoot right away.. The armored car is the only solution, expensive but it's worth it.
    The only time I felt threatened to be assaulted was when driving on the bridge from Las Americas to the city (Juan Bosch?) in a traffic jam. Two guys on a motorcycle knocking my closed window. I ignored them and sped up a little, in the meantime I hid the phone I had in my hands. The third time they knocked my window I had a better look at them and noticed the one in the back was holding one hand on his belt buckle and the other hand covering it, so I realized they might be wanting to rob me.
    I left some space between me and the cars in front of me to have some room to maneuver, but they took off, I guess because they noticed my phone was tucked away, and there wouldn't be any express atraco. I suppose that if Id have opened my window in an impulse they'd stick a gun inside and demand my phone.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast