Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default German Shepherd...Puppies?

Hello looking to get a German Shepherd in SD, hopefully
    a pup so that it can be trained and grow with the family.
    Any info?...

Thanks

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

You can try here: Animales y Mascotas en venta en Toda República Dominicana | Corotos.com.do

Or here: - Vacunos, Peces, Felinos, Otros, Caninos - lapulga.com.do

In SD there are a couple of places that sell puppies - Our rottie came from PerroLandia, and I'm sure I've passed a CachoroLandia too.

Administrator
    DR1.com

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

German Shepherds learn very fast and are absolute reliable friends and protectors for the whole family.
    We just had 3 puppies,...one gave away and 2 we kept. They will be huge like their father. Even the Vet said he never
    saw GS puppies as big as these :-) The male we got from Las Terrenas, he is also on DR1 forum as donP .
    Contact him, maybe he has puppies again. The GS we bought from him is the most beautiful i ever saw and very strong,
    eager to learn. Our family is totally happy since Pluto joined us. Just he needs to run ...very active!

Quote Originally Posted by GioMed View Post
    Hello looking to get a German Shepherd in SD, hopefully
    a pup so that it can be trained and grow with the family.
    Any info?...

Thanks

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by santa110xyz View Post
    German Shepherds learn very fast and are absolute reliable friends and protectors for the whole family.
    We just had 3 puppies,...one gave away and 2 we kept. They will be huge like their father. Even the Vet said he never
    saw GS puppies as big as these :-) The male we got from Las Terrenas, he is also on DR1 forum as donP .
    Contact him, maybe he has puppies again. The GS we bought from him is the most beautiful i ever saw and very strong,
    eager to learn. Our family is totally happy since Pluto joined us. Just he needs to run ...very active!
    Thanks! Yes I will try to contact donP.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Best dogs ever. German Shepherds need an Alpha though, so you can't treat it like a kid, you have to be its master. That and get an industrial strength vacuum cleaner because they shed like crazy. Awesome dogs though! Good luck!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KM2015 View Post
    Best dogs ever. German Shepherds need an Alpha though, so you can't treat it like a kid, you have to be its master. That and get an industrial strength vacuum cleaner because they shed like crazy. Awesome dogs though! Good luck!
    My opinion is that all dogs need an Alpha.....our little Chihuahua especially :-) Actually he is the Boss lol
    OUr GS doesn't shed a lot and does not smell...Maybe it is the quality of food?
    I had Rottweiler, Dobermann, Rodesian Ridgeback, Husky, some Mix, ...after all i can say i prefer for Family German Shepherds.
    Especially they love kids!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

My GS is half Belgian ? Malinois.

The Belgians have shorter , tougher hair... but still, we get hair

Want dogs? You get hair....period.

My other two shorter haired dogs make a mess too

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Darn, dont talk about hairs.......
    My dogs are bathed less regularly, as wifey is not here, me and the clan tend to laze around in the hammock ( well me in it, them under it ).
    The rottie is shedding hairs like crazy..... guess I didnt notice before, probably cos the wife cleans up 9 times a day, and bathing helps get rid of the loose hair......
    Cant bear imagining a GS...... nor dogs IN the house.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I lock them out as much as possible.........

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pluto

GSD are very good family dogs; they warn, protect and are not aggressive (unless trained to be).
    At this time of year, they shed a lot of their coat to adjust for the warmer season. Frequent combing helps.

Our GS dogs live outside, the Chi's live inside.
    GSD should not be kept on small premises.

We won't have puppies any more, sorry.

I am happy to hear that Pluto became a good and big dog (just like his parents).

donP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast