Need info on Los Alcarrizos, Distrito Nacional...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I believe this place is located in the capital. I need to know where, if it is a "barrio caliente" and if someone can post its whereabouts from a map so can get some sense of where I'm headed.

I need to know how to get there from the Colonial Zone.

Thanks in advance.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I believe this place is located in the capital. I need to know where, if it is a "barrio caliente" and if someone can post its whereabouts from a map so can get some sense of where I'm headed.

Thanks in advance.

It's huge, and has some OK spots and some not so ehh spots, size of a city.
Due North of Haina, ask JD about this area and directions.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
That's where all maids come from that work in the capital (well, almost all). Not a good place to live. Comparable to villa Mella. Coming from la zona colonial, it's at the overpass where La Sirena is. At Carrefour you have an overpass, another one at the Tricom building and than you get La Sirena, keep right (don't use the overpass) and then you have Los Alcarizzos on both sides of the highway.

May 12, 2005

Thanks in advance.

Going to meet a chica from Badoo?

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Going to meet a chica from Badoo?

I don't need Badoo for anything. I'm not even a member of that site. If this excursion was because of a chica, I'd have her come and see me in the capital.

I'm dropping off clothing and some educational toys for a handicapped kid.

That's where I arrived the first time in the DR and stayed there for 3 months.
It's about km19 on the way to Santiago and yes it's very caliente although I never felt insecure there.
What do you need to know?

How to get there via public transportation, or whether it's a better idea to take a cab. I have no idea what that would cost.

Last edited:

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I recommend you take a cab. Call Apollo, Maxi, or Sud Vu (newer vehicles)

Ask the operator for the rate.

When the driver comes, ask him for a round trip rate.

I'm guessing you're looking at 1300-1500 round trip.

That much from ZC to alcarizzos? I doubt it, shouln't be more than 400 pesos each way.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Take line 23 from la Duarte and it will take you all the way up to El Americano and the "new" hospital, it used to be RD25, don't know how much it's now.
If you need a "guide" send me a pm and I'll hook you up with my stepson who grew up in Los Alcarizzos, you'll be safe with him and most likely you can ride the guagua for free, it's family. ;)

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller

Thanks in advance.

It's a very big barrio indeed having driven in there several times including late at night. Far end is quite decent with new houses but at least 20 mins. from Duarte. Not the worst place I've driven through in SDO (that goes to Villa Mella past last Metro station and Av Mella SDO Este). But I wasn't off the main roads either so one never knows what lurks down the side streets. Usual advice be alert and by taxi and not public transport.

Don't do rush hours nor midday. Having driven in from beyond Villa Altagracia daily to work in Piantini for several months, the traffic jams start where the Los Alcarrizos traffic joins Autopista Duarte before 7am and are continuous then into the city and the flow out after 5pm progressively gets worse. Even off peak you are looking at close on one hour each way from ZC. Add 30 mins. for peak periods. Sunday morning is best time to go.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Thanks for all the help everyone.

@frank recktenwald-I'll definitely take you up on your offer if I can't get out there on my own. Muchas gracias.