Dominican Paradise

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Rose colored glasses are mandatory!

5 Great Reasons To Live, Retire, Or Invest In The Dominican Republic*|*Kathleen Peddicord

Immigration is going to be flooded with new applicants after how the author portrays the D.R.

2ywemg1.jpg

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006

The majority believe everything they read. Having said that, it is extremely frustrating to know that journalists need to have no credentials, oversight, or talent. They only need to have a flair for positioning words, not researching or reporting the truth.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
The Churnalist

... that journalists need to have no credentials, oversight, or talent. They only need to have a flair for positioning words, not researching or reporting the truth.

Kathleen Peddicort is not even a (studied) journalist.

She calls herself a writer and publisher.
The articles she churns out (as a churnalist) lack own research and are mainly based on real estate agents' information.

She is an author and wrote 2 books and runs an organisation ("Live and Invest Overseas" from Panama).
Wherever K. travels is paradise and thus a good place to invest.

She is a businesswoman selling her newsletters, books, memberships to circles and tickets for her conferences [there was on in the DR in May].

But you can still reserve for Portugal: ;)
Live and Invest in Portugal

donP

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I am surprised they have a black guy in the photo.
Don't want potential investors to be scared off!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

The comments posted by readers at the end of here "puff piece" tell the real story.
Good for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Blogger hoping to get paid. Everything she says is relatively true from a visitor, AI-only experience. Step foot off the resorts and, as many of us know, it's a different world.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Well observed.
However, it is quite artificial (made for the cruise ship visitors).
Nothing going on there, nada.

i like this colourful facade. but it is what it is. the rest of samana town is as pretty as a rabid possum.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I don't think it does much harm, actually saves the residents a bit of embarrassment from friends back home knowing the reality of where they choose to live.
It's not like people buy without thorough on the ground investigation, and those that don't or can't see the sh1t reality kinda deserve what they get. Lumbered, stranded, or both.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
The good news is that some of the really bitter people on this site can sell there stuff and move on. Time for some fresh positive views instead of the same old grumpy people who wouldn't know a good thing if it smacked them in the head.