Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default discurso de danilo en vivo

you can watch/listen here: envivo | CDN

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

I expected he'd say something about the regularization, but it was just a political ad for the next 4 years.

He does speak beautiful Spanish though.

Administrator
    DR1.com

3. Likes KateP liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Does he? I haven't listened now but I know from many other speeches he gave he's a bad speaker.

5. Likes exeurodominican liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

it only lasted 20 minutes, CDN is now having a discussion with various politicians. danilo only spoke of reelection, nothing about plan de regularizacion or other issues. he explained that he supported this change of the constitution back in 2009, when it was brought up. as we know the notion of two cadences and no more was lost in voting in favour of the change pressed by leonel, one consecutive cadence. this resulted in changing the constitution in 2010.

so, says danilo, he always supported this notion and he supported it again in 2014. he explained it is more difficult to fight for the presidential position form the point of current president, as such candidate has more to lose and more to protect. the rest of the discourse was recounting various successes of danilo's presidency.

i quite enjoyed listening to representatives from PLD, PRD, PRM and PRSC. PRM lady ripped danilo to shreds. very funny

7. Likes exeurodominican liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mauricio View Post
    Does he? I haven't listened now but I know from many other speeches he gave he's a bad speaker.
    i agree. he is nervous, unconvincing, passionless. i much more enjoy listening to leonel, god help me danilo speaks very good spanish but his speeches are clearly directed to common rice eaters and the vocabulary is simple, very similar to that of new sreport.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

DL has details, you can also download the full text of the speech: Danilo Medina pone en manos del pueblo su destino político - DiarioLibre.com

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

But besides his non-eloquence, I think Danilo is a shrewder politician than Leonel ever was. The whole country is applauding him including many expats but I think he buried the little bit of democracy that had developed over the past two decades with the political chess game he played. Don't like the guy, never will.

11. Likes bob saunders, exeurodominican liked this post
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Mauricio, I meant he speaks Spanish well, annunciates, etc., not that he's a good speaker, there's a difference

It was too scripted, too wooden, too planned with the videos, for my taste anyway.

Administrator
    DR1.com

13. Likes Mauricio liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

with that i agree, AE. he was easy to understand. both in terms of language used and the pronunciation. but i laughed out loud when they quoted social media calling this speech "tayota". ha ha ha, hilarious.

i am not sure what to think about this. i don't like the fact that he said he was not going to try for presidency again and now is so eager. oh, well, the time will tell.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

He may be a better "Politico" than "Leonel",...HE'S GETTING RE ELECTED, NOT LEONEL!!!!
    I seriously doubt that was Leonel's plan 4 years ago.

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast