discurso de danilo en vivo

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I expected he'd say something about the regularization, but it was just a political ad for the next 4 years.

He does speak beautiful Spanish though.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Does he? I haven't listened now but I know from many other speeches he gave he's a bad speaker.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it only lasted 20 minutes, CDN is now having a discussion with various politicians. danilo only spoke of reelection, nothing about plan de regularizacion or other issues. he explained that he supported this change of the constitution back in 2009, when it was brought up. as we know the notion of two cadences and no more was lost in voting in favour of the change pressed by leonel, one consecutive cadence. this resulted in changing the constitution in 2010.

so, says danilo, he always supported this notion and he supported it again in 2014. he explained it is more difficult to fight for the presidential position form the point of current president, as such candidate has more to lose and more to protect. the rest of the discourse was recounting various successes of danilo's presidency.

i quite enjoyed listening to representatives from PLD, PRD, PRM and PRSC. PRM lady ripped danilo to shreds. very funny :)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Does he? I haven't listened now but I know from many other speeches he gave he's a bad speaker.

i agree. he is nervous, unconvincing, passionless. i much more enjoy listening to leonel, god help me :laugh: danilo speaks very good spanish but his speeches are clearly directed to common rice eaters and the vocabulary is simple, very similar to that of new sreport.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
But besides his non-eloquence, I think Danilo is a shrewder politician than Leonel ever was. The whole country is applauding him including many expats but I think he buried the little bit of democracy that had developed over the past two decades with the political chess game he played. Don't like the guy, never will.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Mauricio, I meant he speaks Spanish well, annunciates, etc., not that he's a good speaker, there's a difference :)

It was too scripted, too wooden, too planned with the videos, for my taste anyway.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
with that i agree, AE. he was easy to understand. both in terms of language used and the pronunciation. but i laughed out loud when they quoted social media calling this speech "tayota". ha ha ha, hilarious.

i am not sure what to think about this. i don't like the fact that he said he was not going to try for presidency again and now is so eager. oh, well, the time will tell.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
He may be a better "Politico" than "Leonel",...HE'S GETTING RE ELECTED, NOT LEONEL!!!!
I seriously doubt that was Leonel's plan 4 years ago.

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Yes I understood Danilo's Spanish better than many but I noticed that when he listed the various parts of the population that he represented he very obviously missed out us immigrants. We contribute a lot of money to the Dominican economy but have absolutely no say in it's use
Come on now you Americans on this island, and I speak not of snow birds, you did it successfully some decades ago : No taxation without representation.
If you will allow me this time as an Englishman i will join you.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Your link includes a cooking show and a feel good commercial. I didn't have the patience to wade through any more.

right. the CDN was transmitting the discurso live yesterday, starting from 9pm. so clearly it's not streaming it anymore. if you want to watch the recording it can be found on youtube:

[video=youtube;df8ibnmaMOQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df8ibnmaMOQ[/video]

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
no worries, always at your service. one of my links from diario libre has an option to download the text.