Bahia de las Aguilas

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
This appears in the DR1 News: Presidency announces plan for Bahia de las Aguilas. Does anyone think it will make a real difference?

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
The first thing that would be needed as indicated is a proper road to the beach area....currently a wide red dirt haul road for part the way that was used by bauxite hauliers to dock. And the idea to also build a road up to the mountains is a good idea too, so you have beach and sea in close proximity.

For me the key for Bahia de las Aguilas is to control the developments, with no AI's or mass tourism. I like the ecotourism ideas and boutique hotels for this part of the country including south of Barahona. Yes up market and more expensive.

Yes DR can target a different market of tourists, but not in Punta Cana/Bavaro or North Coast. The South West can work and in Samana, there remains a great deal of potential with untouched beaches such as Rincon and Coson. And Samana like the south West has it's on airport.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
I don't think the north coast model will work in the SW. If these guys do this smartly ... Can that be done do you think?

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
What North Coast model? Confused. Low, medium and a few high quality products mixed up with sex tourism and now cruise tourism? Playa Grande and Cabrera excepted.

I have heard that the plan in Samana and indeed the South West is to limit the type of resort development to low rise building with sustainability. I wonder if it can be implemented?

Rumor had it that the wife of the past President who owns land at Coson Beach was (through a company) proposing a resort development of higher than two levels. Rumor equally was that there were objections. Maybe there is hope.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
A lot of unhappy 'landowners' today. Even though many of the properties were deslinded, they have been declared null and void, and that the land belongs to the Dominican government:

[google translated]

PEDERNALES: declare null plots in Jaragua National Park boundaries

By: EDITOR AL MOMENTO Date:August 5, 2015In: Provinces 0 Comments
PEDERNALES.- The First Chamber of the Land Court of Original Jurisdiction declared null demarcation work carried out within the scope of several plots located within the limits of the Jaragua National Park.

The court upheld the findings made by the State, duly represented by the Attorney General of the Republic, Francisco Dominguez Brito.

In its opinion, the court rejected the substance of the conclusions of Manuel de Jesus Carvajal Sanchez, through his lawyer Hector Tapia Rafael Acosta, made against the surveyor Luciano Martinez, referring to the property described as 215-B-3, 215 -B-3, 215-B-3-C-B-3 215-D 215-B-3-E, 215-B-3-F, 215-B-3-G and 215-B-3 Castratal H # 4 District, located in the municipality Enriquillo, Barahona province.

He ordered the registrar of titles Barahona proceed with the cancellation of the registered seats derivatives demarcation work performed within the plot No. 215-B-3, the Cadastral District No. 3, the town of Enriquillo, Barahona province, returning force the certificate of title No. 42 that covered the rights of ownership over a portion of land within the plot No. 215-B-3 appraisal district indicated in favor of the Dominican State.

He also instructed the Regional Directorate of Mensura revoke the cadastral designations Nos. 215-B-3, 215-B-3, 215-B-3-C-3 215-B 215-B-D-E-3, 215 -B-3-F, 215-B-3-G and 215-B-3-H, assigned parcel boundary object in question once the decision has become final.

The opinion was protected by the provisions of the Dominican Constitution, the American Convention on Human Rights, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and Law 108-05 on real estate registration, the Code of Civil Procedure and the Civil Code.

PEDERNALES: Declaran nulos deslindes parcelas en Parque Nacional Jaragua | AlMomento.net

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
He is saying Mairbel will take care of the Beach just like she did to the Zona Colonial. She already has 10 Buyers. She will accept escrow payments made to her bank account !

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Don't the buyers bear some responsibility, they were buying property in a pristine national park area, if I understand correctly, and some more research or due diligence would have been prudent to make sure this is not some scam. But I don't really know too much about the details. Were the buyers foreigners or Dominicans?

Yacine

Oct 23, 2005
not true

Dear Tashi Siu's Dad

the whole operation was a scam, a fraud, corruption and unlawful from day 1. prepared by a mafia politicians and businessman who declared as agricultural land a national park, emitted agricultural reform land use concession / donations (not yet propriety titles - carta constancia) titles using names of poor people who mostly were not aware of this to later transform them into full land propriety titles and transfer ownership to the scammers who could then sell it later for real money.

For once DR was made law and justice and environmental protection prevail, thanks to the vigilance, perseverance and fight of many honest and courageous people Piky Lora and her daughter Laura and many other plus environmental defense groups .

Thanks to small victories like this one I still have hope that in the DR will one day prevail justice, state of right (estado de derecho) and that its inhabitants will become responsible citizens defending their own personal best interest through preserving their common good and not ransacking the country as many do in now in connivance with foreign interest selling for peanuts, exploiting or destroying best agricultural land, the beaches gold and humans (people) for quick irresponsible and unsustainable financial profit

all the best

Another assault on Private Property Rights in the D.R. Very good for international relations. If they keep up the good work, we'll be a 4th World Country instead of a 3rd World Country!