looking for a car and driver for three months

beckybulasco

Apr 21, 2015
I had planned to go last year but my business here in USA slid sideways, so had to put off my trip for a year.........then i planned on getting a MC and touring this year in November but tore my rotator cuff...........so nou I decided to get a car and driver............anybody knou someone that might be interested? Tour the country and I pay a set daily fee. Driver provides his oun gas, meals, lodging........

donP

Dec 14, 2008
From Moped to Car

I believe motorcycle

Seems correct, just read her other post where she was planning a moped tour all over the country.
So, quite a change in plans... safer, anyway.
Good luck!

donP

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I will do it. Seeing as I have to supply the car, all the maintenance, insurance, my own lodging, my own food and be at your beck and call my fee is $300.00US per day. Minimun 15 days per month. Paid daily. Not negotiable. Surcharge of 50.00US per day for each additional person. No pets. No smoking but drinking is allowed.
Let me know

Is renting your own car and driving yourself out of the question b/c of the torn rotary cuff?
Usually I think you should include the meals and lodging if you are hiring a driver. I am not 100% on that but seems you def feed the dude here for that kind of thing.
Sorry about your injury but maybe it is a blessing in disguise, sounds like some one does not want you riding a motorcycle in this country :).

Have fun.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
My fee would be $275 daily, plus the Presidente fund.....no smoking, no eating in car, but seeing as the Presidente fund is applicable drinking is ok......if you want extra insurance, $35 daily, passing through checkstops $1000 pesos per check, did I miss anything.....and my car has ac,......or we could take The VegeJeepeta for $250 daily plus the Presidente fund, minimum 30 day trial with both side having cancellation clauses after 15 days......

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I can't believe you undercut me. I stand firm at 300. She's all yours.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
9,999 + itbis

I talked to my wife about it.
Although, she has not seen you, says "no way" - unless she comes along. :mad:

We'd do the Saman? peninsula for you, melphis and hammerdown can do the rest.
Smoking and salsa music not allowed.
Driving time is from sunrise to sunset only.
Food and beverages will be extra (for me no 'bandera', for wife it's OK).
Lodging = **** and up.
Sundays: NO Surcharge!
4WD routes: + 99 RD$/mile
No (external) sankies! (Please ask for our hand-picked sankies at special rates.)
Diesel Pickup, doble cabina, with A/C
Our rate: 9,999 RD$ / day + ITBIS, minimum 9 days
Negotiable if you are pretty (8+)

donP

Last edited:

beckybulasco

Apr 21, 2015
My fee would be $275 daily, plus the Presidente fund.....no smoking, no eating in car, but seeing as the Presidente fund is applicable drinking is ok......if you want extra insurance, $35 daily, passing through checkstops $1000 pesos per check, did I miss anything.....and my car has ac,......or we could take The VegeJeepeta for $250 daily plus the Presidente fund, minimum 30 day trial with both side having cancellation clauses after 15 days......

Considering the standard of living is so low and people get by on 5$/day, I was thinking hiring a local would not be a 10th of the price you quote. So you guys can only be silly and don't know of any broke dicks that would like to make a couple hundred bucks real easy?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
You have the economics right...

but factoring in car ownership - especially a safe one - is where the gears slip.

Your best bet has vanished -- watering plants in Tennessee
but the lure of steady employment for 3 months might draw him backkk...

will need airfare:nervous:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Considering the standard of living is so low and people get by on 5$/day, I was thinking hiring a local would not be a 10th of the price you quote. So you guys can only be silly and don't know of any broke dicks that would like to make a couple hundred bucks real easy?

Tell us how a local is to pay for fuel, insurance, food, hotel room, not to mention his time on $27.50/day?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Becky on the cheap

1. We withdraw our offer. :cool:
2. You have wrong ideas about this country. :tired:
3. Only 2 broke dicks on DR1.... of course, they don't own a car... :laugh:

donP

Last edited:

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
you guys are brutal, heh,heh. Hows the rotator cuff. Lots of people mistake impngement, and other infalmmation injuries for a torn cuff. If it ever gets better with lots of rest and time it was not a cuff tear. Best of luck on your road trip. Send us pictures.