security door- front rear of home etc

lovemedo

Nov 3, 2013
Who supplies the best security doors for the home, in the country?

SKYDAS seem to make one helluva door....does anyone make anything like that in the DR???
Prices????

Aug 6, 2006
The usual Dominican solution to doors is to have an ironmonger made a door of wrought iron that opens out. These can be decorative and attractive. The interior door will open towards the inside.
I have seen these steel bar doors with a lock installed, but the tradition is to put a padlock on it.

One can buy a large variety of kickass padlocks in the US, and they are portable, and fit in a suitcase, unlike maximum security doors.

On the inside door, you can install a deadbolt. It might not be burglary proof, but it would make it harder to get in than chiseling through the concrete.

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
you can find a steel supply place buy the material and have a iron worker put it together or you can buy a scrap door and repair it. i make them all the time. labor is much cheaper there

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Or take a look at the variety of clever door reinforcing systems available on the net. Its not just the door, its also the frame that needs to be reinforced. Some of the security systems use a bar that drops into a small hole drilled in the floor and have a metal bar that runs the width of the door including the frame. Not sure but it might be called a fox lock. Even with just an average wooden door no one is getting in. In my view much cheaper and secure than just a strong door. Advantage is that you keep your door and do not have a door that makes the home look like a prison. Good luck