2 guys (foreigners) not boarded on plane Punta Cana- Brussels

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
Hey, few days ago, like I already posted before, I was flying from Punta Cana to Brussels.
our flight was delayed due to some problem..and the problem was: two foreigners already did check in, their luggage was on the plane with us...
BUT...the guys were not allowed to board plane due to "some problem" at immigration....
I asked the stewardesses what the problem was and she didnt know, but she told that it happen quite often here...
now, you may speculate about if the guys overstayed like for 15 years and "forgot" to register until 16th June...

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hey, few days ago, like I already posted before, I was flying from Punta Cana to Brussels.
our flight was delayed due to some problem..and the problem was: two foreigners already did check in, their luggage was on the plane with us...
BUT...the guys were not allowed to board plane due to "some problem" at immigration....
I asked the stewardesses what the problem was and she didnt know, but she told that it happen quite often here...
now, you may speculate about if the guys overstayed like for 15 years and "forgot" to register until 16th June...

Yes but they might be going home for good. If we are going to guess maybe their passports had expired. If they are going to deport illegals why hold them?

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
The only experience I have observed is the people that where not allowed to board had drug sniffing dogs all over them. We were delayed as thier luggage had to be removed and that was the last we saw of them. Usually the dogs are around check in but in this case the dogs where attracted to them in the boarding area.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
no idea what happened with them, it was 4 days ago. they were not allowed to board though...are people that stupid to travel on expired passports ?

Do you read some of the stuff people post here? :laugh:

What melphis said makes more sense though

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
no idea what happened with them, it was 4 days ago. they were not allowed to board though...are people that stupid to travel on expired passports ?

I don't think that their passports were expired then they wouldn't have been able to check in.
It could be that they had an accident with injured people and here as a foreigner you get "impedimento de salida" for almost 6 months until case is resolved at court!
Or they had drugs in their luggage .... Or ....who knows.

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
I'm not sure if that is the case as:
a) there are no news about it
b) their luggage was rather clean as it was packed on plane
c) I saw dogs sniffing around,even just before entering the plane but i didnt see that they "sniffed out" anyone
The only experience I have observed is the people that where not allowed to board had drug sniffing dogs all over them. We were delayed as thier luggage had to be removed and that was the last we saw of them. Usually the dogs are around check in but in this case the dogs where attracted to them in the boarding area.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
c) I saw dogs sniffing around,even just before entering the plane but i didnt see that they "sniffed out" anyone

Were you even @ the airport when you saw this chain of events?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
they could have had drugs on them or even inside them.
they could have overstayed but had no money to pay.
they could have been delayed by immigration check, like it was reported in newspapers, with people missing flights.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

i once tried to get onto a flight to the DR with an expired passport. they refused to book me in. i had only one week vacation, and i could not get a new passport before the week expired, so i went straight to the Dominican embassy in midtown Manhattan and they gave me a letter permitting me to enter the DR. they checked me in, and loaded my baggage onto the plane. just as i was about to get onto the plane, the same miserable old fat hag who would not let me board the day before saw me getting through the entrance door. she asked me if i had renewed my passport, at which `point i showed her the official letter from the embassy. she said she was choosing to ignore it , and i was going nowhere.

the plane was about to leave, and i told her i wanted my luggage, so she should go and get it off the plane. she laughed, and told me to come get it the next day. i told her i would be reporting her to the FAA for knowingly allowing unaccompanied baggage to be on the plane.

5 hours later, i was having a beer at Casa Theresa.

Jan 9, 2004
i once tried to get onto a flight to the DR with an expired passport. they refused to book me in. i had only one week vacation, and i could not get a new passport before the week expired, so i went straight to the Dominican embassy in midtown Manhattan and they gave me a letter permitting me to enter the DR. they checked me in, and loaded my baggage onto the plane. just as i was about to get onto the plane, the same miserable old fat hag who would not let me board the day before saw me getting through the entrance door. she asked me if i had renewed my passport, at which `point i showed her the official letter from the embassy. she said she was choosing to ignore it , and i was going nowhere.

the plane was about to leave, and i told her i wanted my luggage, so she should go and get it off the plane. she laughed, and told me to come get it the next day. i told her i would be reporting her to the FAA for knowingly allowing unaccompanied baggage to be on the plane.

5 hours later, i was having a beer at Casa Theresa.

Ok.

But the issue is NOT the Dominican embassies to deal with....as you were still in the US...and,

Section 215 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1185) states:

Citizens: Except as otherwise provided by the President and subject to such limitations and exceptions as the President may authorize and prescribe, it shall be unlawful for any citizen of the United States to depart from or enter, or attempt to depart from or enter, the United States unless he bears a valid (non-expired) United States passport.

You should never have been allowed on the plane headed to DR.....but, how did you get back into the US without an issue?

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
This thread could be a "Seinfeld" ephisode.
A Thread about NOTHING!!!!!!!

Slow Day????????

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

"Their luggage "Was rather CLEAN"?????????...."WTF"!!!!!

"OH NO", clean luggage!!!!!

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
I dont know man. when I was aboard I thought that it may be some interesting stuff for DR1 users.
especially those who dont believe that something WILL actually change with new immigration rules...
but maybe I overreacted to the facts that happened at the airplane.
it is something really obvious and normal that 2 guys are not allowed to board the plane after they checked in and left their luggage....or is it not ? :pP
LOL about this thread. DR1 is great.

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
if they have no drugs ("rather clean luggage") , what reason would you smell for their problems @ immigration ?
This thread could be a "Seinfeld" ephisode.
A Thread about NOTHING!!!!!!!

Slow Day????????

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

"Their luggage "Was rather CLEAN"?????????...."WTF"!!!!!

"OH NO", clean luggage!!!!!