Selling KIA sportage 2011, in excellent condition 129K KM
Currently in Jarabacoa.

$16,500 USD

Owner financing available.

9510286422.jpg

9533576551.jpg

Jan 9, 2004
Nice truck.

Did you know according to J.D. Power Kia is in second place for overall quality? Porsche is #1.

Hyundai is currently in 4th place for quality.

I remember a few years back when the Hyundai hired a new CEO. That guy made the statement then he was going to improve the quality and looks of the Hyundai and Kia brands to the point they would be #1.

A lot of folks laughed at him back then, but not too many folks are laughing now.

Kia climbs to #2 in 2015 J.D. Power Initial Quality Study

Hyundai and to a lesser extent Kia (now owned by Hyundai) have made great quality strides.

The JD Power data is year specific and encompasses the entire line...not necessarily one particular model. The point is, its an overall rating, not an endorsement of a particular model in the line. This is where great variations can and do occur.

Further, they place Subaru near the bottom in overall quality. Yet two of Subaru's models are consistently tops in their model class....better than the Hyundai model or the Toyota.

The constantly changing used car marketplace is the best indicator of a vehicles value...not necessarily a narrowly defined study....even if it is from a well respected source like J.D. Power. It is a good place to begin one's search....if you are looking for a new vehicle.

For older vehicles, those ratings may change, as JD Power readily acknowledges in their article.

Better and more specific resources exist, i.e., Consumer Reports and various other paid databases dealers use.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Aug 6, 2006
JD Powers evaluations, as I understand it, focus on initial quality at the time of purchase: fewest factory defects, fit and finish, etc.
The best survey is probably the Consumer Reports survey, which rates specific parts of each individual model, and focuses on durability and cost of repair.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
JD Powers evaluations, as I understand it, focus on initial quality at the time of purchase: fewest factory defects, fit and finish, etc.
The best survey is probably the Consumer Reports survey, which rates specific parts of each individual model, and focuses on durability and cost of repair.

Exactly, I wouldn't care too much about the issues the first 3 months. A qualitative good vehicle is a vehicle that gives minor problems after 10 years (with reasonable good care). I'm not unhappy with my hyundai but would prefer a Toyota.

Aug 6, 2006
This car seems to be in pretty good shape. The first Sportages were of a different design and had a tendency to roll over when handled carelessly. I bought a 1989 Excel for $250 and drove it for six years and spent about $3000 in maintenance. I replaced some parts at a local U Pik junkyard, and noticed a lot of rolled Sportages.
The newer ones are a different design are much better. The 89 Excel was a cheapo car, but it was pretty easy to work on. There was an identical Mitsubishi model.

I think Toyotas are a bit more durable than Hyundais. Hyundai does have the best warranty.