Desperately seeking a long-term rental in cabarete area

lisa albertson

Jun 16, 2009
I am looking for a rental for 1 female with 1 small dog for Jan to April and it seems I am actually late which I am shocked about. Price range is no higher than $750 at this point. Would like a decent (not bare-bones) studio at the least, preferably a 1 brm. Has to be close to main road as I will not be driving and don't want to wander down unlit road by myself. Anybody got anything out there or recommendations/referrals?

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
you would need to just head there and look all over that area so you can see the apartment in person and work out a good price. every thing looks different than pics online or someone telling you of a apartment because you might have a different taste than every one else

lisa albertson

Jun 16, 2009
kinda hard to look at a place when I am in the US. I am familiar with the area and the different streets and I don't need too many amenities.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
if you have FB there is a group called "everything cabarete" or something like that. maybe there they can point you to some rentals. gotta be invited to receive the privilege of joining them, thou, maybe poster harleysrock can hook you up.

lisa albertson

Jun 16, 2009
I am on there and tried that and got no replies so I thought I would try here. thanks. Having a hard time so early...I thought I was getting a head start, but I have been through a list of places already no vacancy.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I was in Cabarete on Wednesday this week and I was looking at all the rooms advertised at Janet's supermarket, on the boards on the wall outside. Take your pick for between RD$ 8000 and RD$ 10000 per month. I agree with the other comments, the best thing is to go to Cabarete, rent a room for a week somewhere and then look around for something long-term. Everything you will see advertised online is likely to be just for tourists. It's also very important that you see the place you are going to rent before you sign up. And if you get the chance, try staying there a couple of nights. There are a lot of very noisy bars and discos in Cabarete and some parts can be quite dangerous.

I also suspect that nobody has really got their act together properly for January, so when you are seeing "no vacancy" it's just that they haven't got prices or haven't loaded their availability. Things in this country are pretty disorganised at the best of times.

lisa albertson

Jun 16, 2009
This is for January to April. there is a ton of stuff available now, but all the repeat snowbirds have things booked up a year in advance I am finding.

Cabarete42

Oct 14, 2008
Hi Lisa,
I have a studio in the Popular bank building in Cabarete. Is that a place that would interest you?

Jul 28, 2014
Post your requirements in the Facebook group "Everything Cabarete & Stuff". Somebody will most likely get back to you.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
For the record, Jan-April is the heart of high season and not considered a long term rental...that would be at least 6 months, including at least partial low season. Someone mentioned an apartment at Banco Popular Plaza...that is a good location for being close to town, not sure how luxurious the apartments are though. Other good options in or near the center of town are: Ocean Dream, Cita del Sol, Royal Residence, Hummingbird, Plaza El Patio, Wind Chimes, Casa Feliz and outside of town, but also good option is Orillas Del Mar.

Two other good Facebook groups for Cabarete rentals are:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/sealquila/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/250447151752821/

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Cabarete is becoming more and more seasonal it seems. I could have rented my apartments many times over the coming winter months (the OP actually enquired and I was unable to help her). Right now though, I am having my slowest summer ever. Maybe the Ministry of Tourism could do its job and actually start promoting Cabarete in the summer, because it's still great here.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Cabarete is becoming more and more seasonal it seems. I could have rented my apartments many times over the coming winter months (the OP actually enquired and I was unable to help her). Right now though, I am having my slowest summer ever. Maybe the Ministry of Tourism could do its job and actually start promoting Cabarete in the summer, because it's still great here.

Exactly the same situation for me. Word for word.