What Schooling for a five year old!

John

Jan 1, 2002
I shall be coming to SD in March for three years with my five year old son and would like some advice on schooling. My son has been used to the Montessori system which is very unstructured with the children esentially choosing what they do.
I have already contacted St Georges and New Horizons can anyone give me feed back on these or other schools.
My son doesn't speak Spanish although I'm eager for him to become bilingual by the end of the three years, so he wont have to suffer learning Spanish when he is old, like his father:>)

KenoshaChris

Jan 4, 2002
Colegio Criss Colon

I'd start him early at the same reform school Criss Colon went to in Illinois. Being the over achiever Criss is, he then went on to the top of his class at 26th & California in Chicago. He's my mentor and idol.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Mundo Montessori school offers pre-school in Spanish with inmersion of the children in English to prepare these for a gradual switch to having basic subjects taught in English later in grade school and high school. You can contact this school by writing to Patricia Bucher at frpiantini1@internet.net.do