I am looking to buy Cane corso

Nepman

May 5, 2014
I am looking to buy

Thoroughbred puppies Cane Corso. Boy and girl from different clubs.
Foreigners medalists! Welcome!

About Google, please do not write!

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
please dont tell me to breed! huge dogs, no fun, pups very stressed. good cgance ofbeing stolen. Not worth thr hassle n cost. Have I persueded yih to take a dog who needs a home rather than adding to the homes that may have,

El Mayimbe

Jan 25, 2015
Great choice of dog. I have a 5 month old male. I know two breeders in AZ that have quality pups. Shipping shouldn't be a problem. Email me if serious.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
If you're interested in Nephin, I just heard they are expecting 12 puppies any day now.
Watch the website for more details.

Mine is a year old... about 130lbs

The kennel is near Detroit/Pt Huron on the Cdn side.

The breeder is in the Canine Corps of the Cdn Army.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I am at loss why one would want to ship a dog to the dr....... unless he was a companion abroad.

Loads of dogs to choose from here.

A dog is only as good as its master........

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
the dog will eat more than a normal dog. i had a neighbor that asked me for money to feed his dogs and i hated that because i dont have a dog for that reason

Aug 6, 2006
the dog will eat more than a normal dog. i had a neighbor that asked me for money to feed his dogs and i hated that because i dont have a dog for that reason

The Spanish used giant dogs, similar to the Canary Islands Presa, to attack the Indians when they invaded the Americas.
The reason huge dogs are not popular is that you pretty much need to kill a cow a week to feed them.
The Canary Islands were named for the large dogs (Cane) and then the much less noticeable tweety birds were named for the Islands.
The Romans visited the Canaries, but did not get around to conquering them. The Spaniards made the Canarios their first colony. Many of the locals did not like being conquered and were rebellious. The Spanish rounded up many of them and resettled them around Montecristi. Later the Spanish punished the people of Puerto Plata and Montecristi for doing business with the English and the Dutch, and depopulated both towns and resettled the people in Monte Plata
Many of these people returned when the Spanish installed a new governor.

On the other hand if you have a huge dog hanging around your property, it is very likely no one will bother trying to rob you.
Then the issue becomes whether feeding the huge dog costs more than an occasional theft.

I saw a Neapolitan Mastiff in Uruguay that must have weighed 190 lobs. It was a very old dog, but it was truly scary.
It looked like a Great Dane on steroids and had a very impressive growl, more like a grizzly bear than a canine.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
THe Cane Corso fought with the Romans... old breed

The larger ones are form the north (closer to the border and fighting)
Smaller ones are more farm & protection from the south

no self respecting Italian is without one...........

Small is a realtive term.... no small Cane Corsos

FOOD... 1 large bag every 3 weeks for me....... 2200/bag
3 dogs on 2 acres..... Boxer/Lab, G Shepherd/Malinois and the big boy 50% Cane Corso, 25% each Boxer and American Bulldog.

The Boxer side was large.... dam at 85lb +/-, sire was 100

Our boy is big....

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Great looking dogs.

cane.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?q=can...v&sa=X&ei=iiCLVaPQOonCggTfiYOgBA&ved=0CB0QsAQ

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
BTW, these dogs are not for everybody....
you need to be a good 'dog person'

they take managing- or they run you...

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
One sad aspect to all the very large breeds is their short life span. I am a dog lover and to see my beloved friend grow old and die so soon is too big a heartache for me to bear.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
One sad aspect to all the very large breeds is their short life span. I am a dog lover and to see my beloved friend grow old and die so soon is too big a heartache for me to bear.

I agree, after our boxer died years ago [in NJ] we were all so distraught that we swore we'd never have another dog. He was only 8. But then our surprise rottie puppies in DR last year....and we fell in love, brought one home to NJ. So I guess it was 'never say never' for us, another large breed though :(

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Is it all not terribly pretentious, to consider importing a dog on looks and status to a country such as DR.

Quality and character ?

I considered a trained dog when moving here - Police type training.

I talked to the K-9 squad in my hometown -Philadelphia , at that point
They suggested any breed with the natural protection instincts - Shepherds, Dobermans, Rottweilers, etc.

He also said that he was more feared by the public with the dog than with his gun.
That convinced me.

This isn't jewelry we're talking - its protection.....
and IMO, its more pretentious to carry a gun than have a capable dog.

I have had both.

Don't get me started on foo foo poodles...... hahaha

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Presa Canario is my dream dog have not seen one here yet there was an Italian couple selling some beautiful Blue Neo Pups in sosua a few months ago as well.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Quality and character ?

I considered a trained dog when moving here - Police type training.

I talked to the K-9 squad in my hometown -Philadelphia , at that point
They suggested any breed with the natural protection instincts - Shepherds, Dobermans, Rottweilers, etc.

He also said that he was more feared by the public with the dog than with his gun.
That convinced me.

This isn't jewelry we're talking - its protection.....
and IMO, its more pretentious to carry a gun than have a capable dog.

I have had both.

Don't get me started on foo foo poodles...... hahaha

The reality is that most mid to large dogs do the same job in terms of security, in terms of domesticated home dogs. There is little need for purebred manipulated lines to concentrate a dogs abilities. Not to the point where people need blood lines history etc. I only want 'this' kind of dog, purebred. It's like a person saying I only want this jacket of same quality as that other, but I must have the one with the trademark that expensive one. Does exactly the same job, purely astentatious posing rights.

We are not talking about fighting dogs here in which case some breeds have been manipulated to extremes. For home security your talking about a dog that's gunna alert you and if need be chase off an escaping intruder. Dog bites hurt, beit a collie or a pitbull.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Is it all not terribly pretentious, to consider importing a dog on looks and status to a country such as DR.

With all the strays in this country, it's incredibly pretentious--and that's putting it mildly--to import a dog because of breed/status. One could so much more easily acquire a puppy and train it excellently. That's just IMHO. But to each his/her own.