Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barahona Fishermen Find Unique Chinese Statue

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Barahona Fishermen Find Unique Chinese Statue

[computer translated - please note the original article says one million pesos, not dollars. Click link at bottom to see photo of the statue]

Barahona fishermen find a statue of Princess Jade China

El Nuevo Diario, city BARAHONA Fishermen found a statue of Asian origin which presumably is one of 12 statues of Princess Jade of China, disappeared in the wake of the tsunami that struck the nation in 2008-2009.

The statue was found in coastal areas of Barahona, in a place called the little beach, near the pier of the city and reportedly, offered to buy Chinese visitors to the tune of one million pesos.

Fishermen who asked their names omitted for security reasons said they were fishing at sea shore when they saw the strange figure that turns lights on when the nights and decided to take it.

This relic representing Chinese culture is carved in wood and with many stones is presumed diamond and most amazement as the Chinese who visited the statue is made of the same size jade, Princess China.

Sources said the Chinese offered a million dollars for the statue, seeing paid him reverence with their traditional greeting of respect to the image, the same ended with two tears on his face.

Asian expressed that architecture was lost when the earthquake in China.

BY EDGAR HEREDIA

Pescadores encuentran en Barahona una estatua de la princesa Jade de China

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how it made it through the Panama canal?

3. Likes TP666, zoomzx11, Ducadista liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Probably From SD

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    I wonder how it made it through the Panama canal?
    Those things take the longer route round the Cape of Good Hope....

donP

5. Likes TP666 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    [computer translated - please note the original article says one million pesos, not dollars. Click link at bottom to see photo of the statue]

Barahona fishermen find a statue of Princess Jade China

El Nuevo Diario, city BARAHONA Fishermen found a statue of Asian origin which presumably is one of 12 statues of Princess Jade of China, disappeared in the wake of the tsunami that struck the nation in 2008-2009.

The statue was found in coastal areas of Barahona, in a place called the little beach, near the pier of the city and reportedly, offered to buy Chinese visitors to the tune of one million pesos.

Fishermen who asked their names omitted for security reasons said they were fishing at sea shore when they saw the strange figure that turns lights on when the nights and decided to take it.

This relic representing Chinese culture is carved in wood and with many stones is presumed diamond and most amazement as the Chinese who visited the statue is made of the same size jade, Princess China.

Sources said the Chinese offered a million dollars for the statue, seeing paid him reverence with their traditional greeting of respect to the image, the same ended with two tears on his face.

Asian expressed that architecture was lost when the earthquake in China.

BY EDGAR HEREDIA

Pescadores encuentran en Barahona una estatua de la princesa Jade de China
    i smell hoax.

7. Likes TP666, zoomzx11 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Look, what I caught.

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    i smell hoax.
    .... a typical fisherman's tale.

donP

9. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I vendor on that God Forsaken gauntlet of a Hill one must taverse before finally making it to safe sand on Sosua Beach tried to sell me that very same wooden with sparkling Diamonds statue for 800 Pesos, but I declined as he refused to properly Haggle with me..

11. Likes TP666 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    I vendor on that God Forsaken gauntlet of a Hill one must taverse before finally making it to safe sand on Sosua Beach tried to sell me that very same wooden with sparkling Diamonds statue for 800 Pesos, but I declined as he refused to properly Haggle with me..
    Is this true?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

They can also get "Genuine Cuban Cigars",,.....made in the DR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

14. Likes TP666, nigrarosa liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

One would think that such an item would end up swirling around in the Great Central Pacific Garbage Patch.

I thing the route around Africa would be more likely than the Panama Canal or Cape Horn.

Even more likely would be it fell off someone's yacht who picked it up earlier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    Are you single ? because you sound like my type of gal... i want to show you my etchings...
    tisk tisk tisk.........................

DR1 is not a hook up site.

Moderator DR1.com

17. Likes jd426 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast