Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default North Coast gym updates

A while back I listed my opinions on some of the local gyms on the north coast.
    Lately I checked out three.
    American Gym in PP remains my favorite. Basically an iron factory with dumb bells up to 120 pound although they do jump from 100. Plenty of equipment, well maintained. Signs offer boxing, zumba and aerobic classes although none were going on while I was there. Drawback is ventilation is only fans. If lights go out its nothing. A little annoying is the sleeping girl at the front desk still has her fan running on the inverter along with the too loud music. They do turn down the music on request. Lots of aerobic eauipment and machines. Nice clean restrooms, shower and sign says hot water. I really like this gym and I have been to lots. 100 pesos for day visit- a deal.

Platinums on the main road in PP. New gym, new equipment, fans work on the inverter. Looks good for aerobics, zumba, spin bike class but lifting weights not so good. No squat rack, no power rack and the equipment is so packed in you cannot move. They use something to clean the rubber floor mats that make it slippery which is really annoying. Lots of women doing the aerobics. 100 pesos per day to visit short term. Again its not a gym for anyone wanting to work out with bar bells and dumb bells.

Golden Park in Sosua, just off the main road towards Cab. Really old equipment. Fans only and they will turn down the music. In the afternoon the breeze helps cool it off. Cold water showers. Good squat rack and power rack. Dumb bell are missing some weights but most are there. Goodly number of really old machines. Not very busy in the summer. For weigh lifter or body buildder you can get a decent work out but fancy it is not. Cleanliness is average. Manager speaks english. Be cautious in loading up the old equipment with anything heavy as it appears none to strong. 700 peson for a month.
    Nice that there is such a variety of gyms in the local area.
    Keep exercising, it pays off

2. Likes jd426, Frank the Tank liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

AWESOME TOPIC.. thanks for posting it... did not even know about American Gym in PP.. will definitely check it out very soon..

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

My wife likes Sosua Family Gym at the very end of PC. She got a good deal for 1000 pesos for 3 months. I like the Elipticall and Treadmill area bc there is a very nice breeze up there.

A cat just gave birth to kittens up there as well, 4 days old by now. So cute!!! I like anyone who helps out a stray animal The owner seems nice and speaks English.

Pedro Clisante #176. 829-253-5350

5. Likes nigrarosa liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

My sons godfather owns Platinum gym... and man is he easy on the eyes

7. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

In Sosua-Cabarete, there are regular yoga classes at the Natura Cabanas in Perla Marina.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

i use the power gym in pop next to caribe tour,its old school and has everything you need with dumbells up to 105lbs,a good range of supplements for sale on site,and an assortment of cold drinks,a daily rate of only 30pesos or 350 monthly makes it very affordable,open 6day a week from 6am to 10pm and the owner is fluent in english,even has a balcony so inbetween your sets you can check if your bike/pasolar/pushbike is still there,if anybody wants to join me in a workout or is unsure about how to go about it thats where i am

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Real men do not do yoga. Is Sosua Family Gym the one with the low ceilings downstairs and the bike and aerobics up? For me one biggie for all the gyms is ventilation. Fans can do it if big, well placed, and do not go off with the electricity, ie, run on the inverter assuming they have one. One of the best things about Platinums in Sosua is the A/C. It was run by Armando and not sure if tits still open. For some reason this area is a hotbed of gyms which is just fine for me. 30 peso day rate is the best I have ever seen.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you got that backwards, real men DO Yoga.

Yes Sosua Family gym has the low ceilings and Aerobics up.

I think the wife told me it was 25 pesos drop in at SFG but not sure if she is 100% on that.

12. Likes Lobo Tropical, BermudaRum liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Harley did you move to Sosua lately?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MerengueDutchie View Post
    Harley did you move to Sosua lately?
    No but we go there almost daily. I still like the peace and quiet in our barrio in Las Canas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast