Words of advice??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natalie Elemeska

Jun 23, 2015
Hey guys,

My friend and I want to move to punta cana so we decided to give it a try by coming for 3 months in November. We will be renting an apartment and hopefully will find a job. Any words of advice???

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Don't plan on finding,or getting a job.
Or, if you do, living off what you are paid.
Bring enough to live on for the time you are here.
Buy a round trip ticket.

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Natalie Elemeska

Jun 23, 2015
Coming with enough money not to have to work of course. But were 25 and 26 so not ready for retirement so we would like to find jobs. And i do know it is not paradise and definitely not like life in Canada we are prepared for that. We have been to Punta Cana 8 times and spend most of our vacations off the resorts and in the city so we already know were not going to be living a luxurius life.

Coming with enough money not to have to work of course. But were 25 and 26 so not ready for retirement so we would like to find jobs. And i do know it is not paradise and definitely not like life in Canada we are prepared for that. We have been to Punta Cana 8 times and spend most of our vacations off the resorts and in the city so we already know were not going to be living a luxurius life.

Trust me you can't prepare for this, even though you think you can!

Why is that?

When you are used to 1st world life where there is always electricity, water, services etc...then there isn't it takes a bit to get used to and can be frustrating to say the least. The whole no police, ambulance and fire stuff can also be hard to deal with. Of course in practice they have these services but really you are on your own for the most part.

Natalie Elemeska

Jun 23, 2015
We understand all that we have a lot of friends that live there and they have prepped us so we know what life will be like and how they live. This is why we are giving it a try for 3 months instead of packing up life and just moving. At the end of that 3 months if it doesn't work out we come back to our stressful 60 hr work stack of bills and cold weather :((((

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Rare Languages in DR

Well, she knows Armenian and Arab.
This is a rare asset here, maybe there is work for her.
All the best.

donP

Status
Not open for further replies.