motoconchos in POP to be regulated

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the official motoconchos will be issued an ID with a photo and number as well as new orange vests with "sonrie eres puerto plata" logo on the back. the number will correspond to the assigned area of the city.
the vests will be issued only until 25th of july and after that date those, who are not properly identified will not be allowed to do the job.
full info and pictures can be found here: ?Por fin! Autoridades municipales inician organizaci?n y registro de centenares de motoconchistas en Puerto Plata - Puerto Plata Digital

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Why does this sound familiar? I think we know this will finally end up on the trash heap of Dominican good ideas.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
the official motoconchos will be issued an ID with a photo and number as well as new orange vests with "sonrie eres puerto plata" logo on the back. the number will correspond to the assigned area of the city.
the vests will be issued only until 25th of july and after that date those, who are not properly identified will not be allowed to do the job.
full info and pictures can be found here: ?Por fin! Autoridades municipales inician organizaci?n y registro de centenares de motoconchistas en Puerto Plata - Puerto Plata Digital

Dam, I got all excited I misread your post as motoconchos in POP will be exterminated.......

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Will the plan include them driving responsibly?

Or will they just rent/sell their vests and get new ones, just like the scheme a few years back with the yellow vests?

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
They tried this many times all over. Unless the police and moto concho guys enforce this consistently forever this push will break down over time like it has many times in the past.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think it's all connected to cruise ship port and feeble attempts to fix chaotic transport situation in POP.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
And here I was waiting for PICHARDO to tell us that motochonchos are no longer allowed as he predicted a long time ago.

Rustxko

Aug 3, 2014
They must have heard that Uber is coming. I predicted the Uber Moto service level. I wonder if they'll give you fare discount if you're willing to hold a propane tank while you ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
They must have heard that Uber is coming. I predicted the Uber Moto service level. I wonder if they'll give you fare discount if you're willing to hold a propane tank while you ride.

are discounts are for larger items only.

2mqstoi.jpg

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Everyone is so negative about Motochonchos. How many here rely on them as a mode of transportation like I do? I could not survive here without them.

Jul 28, 2014
Everyone is so negative about Motochonchos. How many here rely on them as a mode of transportation like I do? I could not survive here without them.

No, I take motos, I have a downer on the reckless ones who drive like it's their last day on the planet and who cant bother to be legit...

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
No, I take motos, I have a downer on the reckless ones who drive like it's their last day on the planet and who cant bother to be legit...

do as i do. tell them that you are the one paying for the ride, and, as such, you get to decide how they ride. if that does not penetrate their skulls, tell them to stop, and get off.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Over 6 years here and have taken a motoconcho maybe three times.(And got my Dominican ankle tattoo already).
I've done bungee, white water, kayak, racing bikes,small planes,boats,off-roading,crossed Africa in a jeep, deep sea diving,raced Karts,boxing, rugby,judo, etc. but I won't get on a motoconcho.

Instant death is fine. Crippling mutilation and months of recovery in a DR hospital not so fine....

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
even before i had a car i mostly walked. walking always puts me in a contemplative mood, makes me enjoy myself more and observe my surroundings better. now i became lazy and i haul my fat ass in air conditioned vehicle.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Over 6 years here and have taken a motoconcho maybe three times.(And got my Dominican ankle tattoo already).
I've done bungee, white water, kayak, racing bikes,small planes,boats,off-roading,crossed Africa in a jeep, deep sea diving,raced Karts,boxing, rugby,judo, etc. but I won't get on a motoconcho.

Instant death is fine. Crippling mutilation and months of recovery in a DR hospital not so fine....

you, sir, have lived the lives of at least 10 men.