Outback Steakhouse

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Nothing to rave about there except the Cinnamon Obvlivion desert. Better steak to purchase at Nacional, Angus NY strip. Way overpriced compared to US ones.

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
if they can farm there cows in a way to make a great steak that would be good. i dont see why they cant do it there

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
The meat here sucks. Try looking for some choice brisket or God forbid some flunken for hearty old time vegetable chicken soup.

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
The funny thing is that they now sell that lousy tasting grass fed beef in the U.S. at a premium price at Whole Foods. The Dominicans should ship their beef to the U.S. and label it as "organic". They'll make a killing.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
The meat here sucks. Try looking for some choice brisket or God forbid some flunken for hearty old time vegetable chicken soup.

I usually bring an empty suitcase when I go to the US and come back with 50 lbs. of frozen kosher meat: flanken, brisket, chickens, etc. It certainly amuses the airport scanner.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I think part (a big part) of the beef in the D.R. is that the cattle graze in weed-infested fields and are not fed grain or hay, such as would be the case in North America. Tends to impart a bad taste to the meat and make it tough.

The "Pressure Cooker" is your best friend when cooking dominican beef.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
So should we move this thread from the East Coast forum to the SD forum?

The OP specifically asked about Punta Cana meats.
It looks like xstew hijacked this thread to La Capital.
What's a carnivore to do?