Call Centre jobs

Andrea Duguay

May 2, 2015
I have a friend that just moved to Santiago and got a job at Uno! I am looking at this company, VIXICOM LLC. | Simply Reliable! , in Santo Domingo. I have a friend here in Boca Chica that knows someone high up in the company and he is going to introduce me to her.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Are you legal?

If your friend works at the centre then they get a bonus if you last 3 months, and they are still there.

You can really pick where you want, with or without introduction, if you are legal.

Last edited:

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Hi Mister and Miss Smith? How are you today? I'm calling you from ACME CREDIT CARD ASSURANCE, Do you have assurance on your credit cards? Mr. Smith. NO, what a useless bull **** product, considering all credit cards have fraud insurance automatically built in.. "CLICK"....

Hi MR. Smith, You have WON a trip to Florida.. Mr. Smith. Fuk you "click"..

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I really never get why people get so angry about call centre staff. They call me, I say 'no thanks' and put the phone down. If phone calls ignite such anger in people then there really is an issue. You see i prefer people actually work, do a job, any job, even cold calling rather than relying on hand outs. I kind of respect someone who would rather do that than look for less moral means to live.
Some people got real issues.

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
I have worked in two call centers here in DR. Both sucked.

There are good call centers here with chances for advancement, but pick and choose wisely where you are going to work.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
The old next door neighbours work in call centres. Both of them the parents, and their 2 sons, about 20 year old. They all earn roughly RD25,000 per month. The younger boy earns more in bonus as he's quite the god sh1te and has an American accent even though never been, so probably RD30,000.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
I really never get why people get so angry about call centre staff. They call me, I say 'no thanks' and put the phone down. If phone calls ignite such anger in people then there really is an issue. You see i prefer people actually work, do a job, any job, even cold calling rather than relying on hand outs. I kind of respect someone who would rather do that than look for less moral means to live.
Some people got real issues.

Hell yeah, I got issues! I got issues about some foreigner blowing up my phone, in my space, uninvited, and with an undecipherable acent.
Leave me the fcuk alone, already!

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Hell yeah, I got issues! I got issues about some foreigner blowing up my phone, in my space, uninvited, and with an undecipherable acent.
Leave me the fcuk alone, already!

Think you prove my point well:laugh:

Gurabo444

Nov 1, 2009
UNO is by far one of the best in the county, is located here in Gurabo. I've also heard the Vimenca Call Center is good here in Santiago as well. Although, I don't get why people would work in a Call centers when there're so many Remote-work opportunities out there that will pay in a week what a Call Center pays in a whole month. The only reason I would recommend a Call Center is to gain experience and as temporary income until a good Remote Job is found.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
The old next door neighbours work in call centres. Both of them the parents, and their 2 sons, about 20 year old. They all earn roughly RD25,000 per month. The younger boy earns more in bonus as he's quite the god sh1te and has an American accent even though never been, so probably RD30,000.

These must be the most boring people in the World. How does the conversation go? I can just imagine.. "Hi hug, can we interest you in some savings in your long distance with our crappy Voice over IP super duper service".... ��

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I worked for a guy for a few weeks. He had no idea what he was doing. He installed on my computer software that didn't work at all. There are several who are e4stablished and do OK as UNO in Santiago. The guy I worked for didn't last long. Last I heard from him he was back in California!
Der Fish

Too funny. The fella you are referring to along with myself are sitting here in Santiago throwing back a bottle of Brugal (Extra Viejo) as we speak.

Call center work in this country pays between 130 and 150 pesos an hour. On average bilingual reps make between 25,000 to 30,000 pesos a month which usually includes working Saturdays, depending on the campaign. Brokers I might add... make a lot more.