American Liberals say take down Dominican flag

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave6

Aug 31, 2010
Due to the issues within the Dominican republic some Liberals in the USA are calling for the take down of the DR flag. link to video - [video=youtube;9weSylUkCzo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9weSylUkCzo[/video]

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Due to the issues within the Dominican republic some Liberals in the USA are calling for the take down of the DR flag. link to video - [video=youtube;9weSylUkCzo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9weSylUkCzo[/video]

i watched the video and i am still trying to figure out what it is that characterizes this guy as a liberal.

maybe you can elucidate.

Aug 6, 2006
That guy does not appear to be an "American Liberal". The best description might be "Girlie-man Logger", based on his clothes and those glasses.
I do not think that Americans need to take a stand on what the Dominicans do or do not do.
Americans are definitely not experts on racial justice.
Dominican flags in Miami and no threat to Haitians, and Haitian flags are no threat to Dominicans.
In Miami, Dominicans mostly fly their flag to attract Dominican customers. Haitians do the same to attract Haitian customers. A few Haitians demonstrated at the DR Consulate last week.

This is a Dominican issue.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
That guy does not appear to be an "American Liberal". The best description might be "Girlie-man Logger", based on his clothes and those glasses.
I do not think that Americans need to take a stand on what the Dominicans do or do not do.
Americans are definitely not experts on racial justice.
Dominican flags in Miami and no threat to Haitians, and Haitian flags are no threat to Dominicans.
In Miami, Dominicans mostly fly their flag to attract Dominican customers. Haitians do the same to attract Haitian customers. A few Haitians demonstrated at the DR Consulate last week.

This is a Dominican issue.

Has to be a Liberal, as conservatives are not concerned with a country trying to regulate their immigration and control their borders. No real logger would dress like that.

Aug 6, 2006
I did not say he was a real logger, he just seems to have dressed the way he thinks a logger might dress, with the plaid hat.
No one needs to wear sunglasses indoors.

I don't see where he is any sort of Liberal. He is more like a busybody that does not think about how to be taken seriously. Surely no one who rambles on like that and dresses like that cannot expect to be taken seriously.
As a Liberal, I am all for the Dominican Republic deciding for itself what its immigration policies should be.

All the Americans I have run across that talk about "sealing the border with Mexico" seems to be Conservatives, though not the bright ones.

dave6

Aug 31, 2010
i watched the video and i am still trying to figure out what it is that characterizes this guy as a liberal.

maybe you can elucidate.

He is a cultural Marxist. Cultural marxists are anti white and anti white any country and insist any thing that makes people upset should be banned. they hide behind the term liberal. it deals with inner american politics. the history of it is complex.

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
Juvenile attempt to generalize a section of society (liberals) that you detest. Would be the same as someone posting

AMERICAN RIGHT-WING CONSERVATIVES WANT BLACKS KILLED AND RACE WAR TO BEGIN just because one person did a despicable act of terrorism in a black church. At least after your headline stating liberals you did specify "some" liberals, although I only saw one in the video.

May 29, 2006
I know, let's bring over a million or so destitute Haitians into the US and plop them down into Boston and see what happens... Massachusetts is about the same size as the DR, right?

Guys like him would be out of their job of pan handling for change in front of coffee shops...

Last edited:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Juvenile attempt to generalize a section of society (liberals) that you detest. Would be the same as someone posting

AMERICAN RIGHT-WING CONSERVATIVES WANT BLACKS KILLED AND RACE WAR TO BEGIN just because one person did a despicable act of terrorism in a black church. At least after your headline stating liberals you did specify "some" liberals, although I only saw one in the video.

Nobody detests real liberals, just all you phonies that pretend to be Liberals. The rest of your post is.................... nuts.

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
I agree with you Bob, except for the part of calling me a phoney. The OP was nuts as well.

Aug 6, 2006
I have never heard if a "Cultural Marxist". Nothing this guy says has a thing to do with Marx.

He does not claim to be a liberal or a cultural marxist, either. He is some kind of nut.

May 29, 2006
He may be bat$hit crazy, but still not as bad as Trump calling Mexican immigrants rapists, and he's *running for president*..

Speaking of crazy
[video=youtube;j5hIOQVAuuc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5hIOQVAuuc[/video]

Aug 6, 2006
This is nutty. What could gay marriage have to do with tax exemptions or forcing preachers to marry gays?
Europeans do not tax churches, as this guy suggests.

Aug 6, 2006
The main issues for liberals in Latin America dealt with freedom from religion: liberals favored secular schools and cemeteries , the government being able to have civil weddings and divorces and the right to name who inherited one's estate (rather than always pass it down to the elder son. It also opposed slavery, monarchy, titles of nobility and favored elected leaders for limited terms.

Modern liberals STILL support all these things. The Conservative opposition favored the Church imposing its rules on schools, cemeteries, wanted clerical courts to judge clerics, and a bunch of medieval stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.