Puerto Ricans and Dominicans

Status
Not open for further replies.

businessdr

Oct 8, 2011
My wife is thinking of moving to PR. She believes it is a better place to live and has a better society.

I know cost of living is higher, and there is more crime.

She is saying it is a more beautiful place and the people are better there.

What are people's thoughts on this?

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
I met few Puerto Ricans who were saying the same thing.
in their opinion Dominicans are nicer, warmer and the country is safer overall.
not sure why cost of living would be higher in DR than in PR ?

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
I met few Puerto Ricans who were saying the same thing.
in their opinion Dominicans are nicer, warmer and the country is safer overall.
not sure why cost of living would be higher in DR than in PR ?

I'm an expat that has lived worked in 9 different country's. The only one that i avoid if possible is PR. No more than 10 minutes of arriving there i"m in an disagreement of some sort with nasty attitudes. The last time was going to N.Y. via San Juan. I had 10 minutes to make my connecting flight . Upon arriving at the ticket counter A young counter man was talking to i suppose his girl friend. After 3-4 minutes trying to get his attention I interupted into their conversation[Politely] by asking to be processed. I was then told by both man and woman to go F***k off. I missed my flight and had to overnight in P.R. This is only on one of the many varied visits to these nice people.

Last edited by a moderator:

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
I'm an expat that has lived worked in 9 different country's. The only one that i avoid if possible are the PR. No more than 10 minutes of arriving there i"m in an disagreement of some sort with nasty attitudes. The last time was going to N.Y. via San Juan. I had 10 minutes to make my connecting flight . Upon arriving at the ticket counter A young counter man was talking to i suppose his girl friend. After 3-4 minutes trying to get his attention I interupted into their conversation[Politely] by asking to be processed. I was then told by both man and woman to go F***k off. I missed my flight and had to overnight in P.R. This is only on one of the many varied visits to these nice people.

Why would you use that term on a dominican related forum? Those 4 minutes are not what caused you missed flight, maybe it was your attitude.

Last edited by a moderator:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I'm an expat that has lived worked in 9 different country's. The only one that i avoid if possible are the Spick's. No more than 10 minutes of arriving there i"m in an disagreement of some sort with nasty attitudes. The last time was going to N.Y. via San Juan. I had 10 minutes to make my connecting flight . Upon arriving at the ticket counter A young counter man was talking to i suppose his girl friend. After 3-4 minutes trying to get his attention I interupted into their conversation[Politely] by asking to be processed. I was then told by both man and woman to go F***k off. I missed my flight and had to overnight in P.R. This is only on one of the many varied visits to these nice people.

another guy that bewilders me. he goes on an internet forum, addresses a group of people using a racial pejorative, then proceeds to deliver a chronicle about an unfavorable experience with the aforementioned. maybe, just maybe, he needs a behavioral reset, and if such is achieved, then his life experiences might be a little more fluid.

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
Back to the OP, PR has its strong points, more english speaking, more modern roads, better enforcement of laws, ties to the u.s. and the island of vieques and other little strips of paradise. The people of PR have a high level of pride as well. As for choosing a place to live, PR seems better organized in goverment, easier to call home (for US citizens), and even a better place to live if you score a goverment job (pension).

On the other hand, the DR will allow your money to go farther (with proper planning) , through housing, medical, and food costs.

The biggest factor in choosing an island is how you will be recieved or accepted. A gringo may have a longer battle gaining his respect in the DR.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have no idea why anyone would think PR is "more beautiful". My wife and I traveled along most of the north coast and did not find such beauty anywhere on that trip. Ugly boxy houses and nothing much to be said about the beaches or terrain.
I would also find it to be too small of an island on which to live full time.

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
I have no idea why anyone would think PR is "more beautiful". My wife and I traveled along most of the north coast and did not find such beauty anywhere on that trip. Ugly boxy houses and nothing much to be said about the beaches or terrain.
I would also find it to be too small of an island on which to live full time.

I wish to beg your pardon for participating on this site it will be my last visit. Freedom of speech is threatened here so i will no longer join in BY BY

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Other than comparing to DR, no other DR content.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.