Strange Death of a Doctor

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Did they find her cell phone?

Suicide is hard to believe to me, wasn't she seven month pregnant?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Did they find her cell phone?

Suicide is hard to believe to me, wasn't she seven month pregnant?

They said it was strange - apparently they had finished a surgery and she went into change, her colleagues were waiting for her outside the room. When she didn't come out they got worried, went in and found her dead, with syringe filled with some anesthesia they commonly used. Very odd. I said the same thing you did, but from what I understand the other docs said no one else was in there.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
Not a suicide - drug overdose. She was a drug addict (opioids) and was caught stealing drugs from the hospital many times. In most other countries she would have been fired a long time ago and at least still be alive.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
The link does not lead me to a related article.
Please provide one of the several papers you mentioned with the suicide notion.

donP

My husband read it in several papers, here are a couple I found googling:

Anestesi?logo cree probable galeno encontrada muerta haya querido suicidarse -

Anestesi?logo cree probable galeno encontrada muerta haya querido suicidarse - DiarioLibre.com

Especulan anestesi?loga encontrada muerta habr?a querido suicidarse | CibaoMarketing

After the autopsy they should know more.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Her husband works in the Cabral Y Baez. They had the baby shower, the "cuna" everything ready for the baby
who was to be born next week by C-section....

She was some 32 weeks pregnant. If this was a suicide it was a murder-suicide. The baby could not be saved.
According to local lore she was not found for two hours and both mother and baby were dead.

Very brutal....sad for the husband.

HB

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Opinion: Suicide

@AE
Thank you for the links.
The opinion of the SD doctor explains something, not all, however.

donP

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Heartbreaking story no matter what the outcome of the autopsy. Condolences to the husband and family.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Truth will be hidden.

Not a suicide - drug overdose. She was a drug addict (opioids) and was caught stealing drugs from the hospital many times. In most other countries she would have been fired a long time ago and at least still be alive.

Hmm, you seem to have insights others (we) do not have.

If it's true what you say, I would not be surprised if INACIF does not find drugs (or publisize that they did) in her body... :tired:
So, we may never know the truth.

donP

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
Hmm, you seem to have insights others (we) do not have.

If it's true what you say, I would not be surprised if INACIF does not find drugs (or publisize that they did) in her body... :tired:
So, we may never know the truth.

donP

I have friends who studied and worked with her, it's a very tight community. Her husband is a gynaecologist in Union (also part time in Cabral), and they have 2 kids. Apparently she was using for a couple of years, and when caught a few times, the bosses just shoved it under the carpet and canceled her pharmacy privileges for controlled substances.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Hard to believe a woman would do that to her baby. It does make some sense though.

the force of addiction is strong. i knew a girl back home who was a heroin addict. her four pregnancies did not stop her.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
40 years working in hospitals, VERY COMMON, especially with anesthesiologist!
Usually accidental "OD" sometimes planned.
Imagine CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC with access to the ICU, and the OR's pharmacy???????

:knockedou:knockedou:knockedou:knockedou:knockedou:knockedou:knockedou:knockedou

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC