Personal safe

GringoInParadise

May 19, 2015
Best not bother with a safe. They will be determined to rob it.

Rather, leave all you pricy stuff on the window sill, or otherwise in plain sight. This will totally confuse the dumb fuuuuuuuks. They will move down the street to try rob your neighbor instead.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I would not want the company where it is purchased install it.

Better pick it up and deliver it yourself. :)

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Obviously a safe is not a good idea to prevent burglars from stealing, however it is good to have one for passports, cash money, jewellery if you have a maid that has access to most areas of your house.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Safes in the DR are only for when you have a "guest" in your place...very temporary. Otherwise, you might as well put stuff under the mattress.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Obviously a safe is not a good idea to prevent burglars from stealing, however it is good to have one for passports, cash money, jewellery if you have a maid that has access to most areas of your house.

if you have a maid that you do not trust with your passports, money and jewellry, please PM me as I can certainly recommend a better one .. who will never touch a peso! YIKES.. I could not stand the thought that there was a thief cleaning my house!

May 29, 2006
I would think with an international bank, like Scotia, you're covered. Why would anyone bring their entire assets to the DR?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
A home safe is just to keep honest people honest.
No "Honest People" in the DR so you don't need a safe here!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
if you have a maid that you do not trust with your passports, money and jewellry, please PM me as I can certainly recommend a better one .. who will never touch a peso! YIKES.. I could not stand the thought that there was a thief cleaning my house!

I agree. The maid we currently have we haven't found stealing anything in the past year and two months she is with us. But I have learned to trust no one. I don't want to bring them in temptation, and prefer to keep certain things away than being sorry later.

Besides that, in a house with 4 kids, often a maid doesn't stay longer than a few months (we have been lucky with this one), I will only find out in time if I trust the new maid we have every now and then.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I had a very good friend that passed away a few years ago. He had a system he called "The Test". He would use it on a new girlfriend to see if she was honest. He would take a large wad of pesos and leave it in plain sight. He counted it first and new every bill that was there. Then he would tell her he had to go somewhere and be back in a few hours and leave her alone with the money. When he got back he would check to see if it was all there.

One day I speak to him and he tells me he is using "The Test" today on a new flame. So later he calls me. I say "how did it go with the chica". He says not good, she took it all and left. But he said it was better than the last one. She took all the money and the TV also. True story.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I had a very good friend that passed away a few years ago. He had a system he called "The Test". He would use it on a new girlfriend to see if she was honest. He would take a large wad of pesos and leave it in plain sight. He counted it first and new every bill that was there. Then he would tell her he had to go somewhere and be back in a few hours and leave her alone with the money. When he got back he would check to see if it was all there.

One day I speak to him and he tells me he is using "The Test" today on a new flame. So later he calls me. I say "how did it go with the chica". He says not good, she took it all and left. But he said it was better than the last one. She took all the money and the TV also. True story.

I love that story!! LOL