JCE and migracion will take digital fingerprints of everyone entering and leaving DR

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

Wow the implications are immense for all of us "foreigners". Big Brother in DR.

"The Central Electoral Board (JCE) announced Tuesday the extended plan for testing and verification of persons entering or leaving the country, all domestic airports and border points of entry and exit, using scanners to capture fingerprints, cameras and other equipment that will work across the country.

Signed a joint statement on the matter by the president of the JCE, Roberto Rosario M?rquez, and the national director of Migration, Major General Paulino Sem Ruben Dario, to carry out the verification process referred to foreigners.

According to a press release, the JCE will cooperate with 50 teams of reading biometric information of people, also known as fingerprint scanners and other accessories, as well as mechanisms of consultation and identification of persons leaving or entering Dominican territory .

Whereas migration will have the facilities, personnel and technological and logistical means for reading, recording and processing of information that will facilitate the JCE for the identification and isolation of those who enter or leave the country.

In the end, both sides undertake to develop a query interface for Migration can access the Master File cedulas via web or web consultation, through an application designed to query online registration processes, identification or upgrade people to have access to any record in the database, including biometric training in the form of consultation.

While Migration agrees to submit to the JCE, within a reasonable time, the ratio of people whose residence permit has been canceled. This will allow the CNE supervision or cancellation of foreign identity card, as appropriate in the case in question.

If storage device for the implementation of this joint statement they will be acquired by Migration requires.

The note adds that this joint declaration is precedent commitment dating from 2014 when the JCE and the Ministry of Interior and Police took a cooperation agreement approved by the National Immigration Council, on the National Regulatory Plan illegal aliens in Dominican territory.

- See more at: El Caribe ? JCE y Migraci?n captar?n huellas digitales a todo el que entre o salga del pa?s

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Wow the implications are immense for all of us "foreigners". Big Brother in DR.

"The Central Electoral Board (JCE) announced Tuesday the extended plan for testing and verification of persons entering or leaving the country, all domestic airports and border points of entry and exit, using scanners to capture fingerprints, cameras and other equipment that will work across the country.

Signed a joint statement on the matter by the president of the JCE, Roberto Rosario M?rquez, and the national director of Migration, Major General Paulino Sem Ruben Dario, to carry out the verification process referred to foreigners.

According to a press release, the JCE will cooperate with 50 teams of reading biometric information of people, also known as fingerprint scanners and other accessories, as well as mechanisms of consultation and identification of persons leaving or entering Dominican territory .

Whereas migration will have the facilities, personnel and technological and logistical means for reading, recording and processing of information that will facilitate the JCE for the identification and isolation of those who enter or leave the country.

In the end, both sides undertake to develop a query interface for Migration can access the Master File cedulas via web or web consultation, through an application designed to query online registration processes, identification or upgrade people to have access to any record in the database, including biometric training in the form of consultation.

While Migration agrees to submit to the JCE, within a reasonable time, the ratio of people whose residence permit has been canceled. This will allow the CNE supervision or cancellation of foreign identity card, as appropriate in the case in question.

If storage device for the implementation of this joint statement they will be acquired by Migration requires.

The note adds that this joint declaration is precedent commitment dating from 2014 when the JCE and the Ministry of Interior and Police took a cooperation agreement approved by the National Immigration Council, on the National Regulatory Plan illegal aliens in Dominican territory.

- See more at: El Caribe ? JCE y Migraci?n captar?n huellas digitales a todo el que entre o salga del pa?s

PICHARDO has inside information after all?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
note there is no info regarding implementation of this plan, starting when exactly? expect more delays at the airports, thou.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
note there is no info regarding implementation of this plan, starting when exactly? expect more delays at the airports, thou.

Yep, that's actually why I read the article, looking for a date. But remember that William Webster posted about how his info was entered and pulled up when he came back, they may have already started tracking the cedulas. When we flew home to NJ in May we noticed all the foreigners had to go on a separate line/lines to have their fingerprints digitally recorded, it seemed to move pretty quickly.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller

We know from what was reported last Thursday that the USA is providing the fingerprint equipment to the NP and CESFRONT already as the thread under Government. So it seems to be ongoing and ties in with the objectives of the Immigration Strategic Plan.

It seems the Immigration changes are very real and moving faster and to levels than we could not have expected.

Collecting biometric data on exit and entry is something I would never have expected.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Yep, that's actually why I read the article, looking for a date. But remember that William Webster posted about how his info was entered and pulled up when he came back, they may have already started tracking the cedulas. When we flew home to NJ in May we noticed all the foreigners had to go on a separate line/lines to have their fingerprints digitally recorded, it seemed to move pretty quickly.

In the DR, they had their fingerprints recorded? I just flew in and out of the DR and did not see anyone being fingerprinted. wowowo .. lots of narcotrafficantes are not going to be very happy about being fingerprinted flying in and out of the Dominican Republic...

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
In the DR, they had their fingerprints recorded? I just flew in and out of the DR and did not see anyone being fingerprinted. wowowo .. lots of narcotrafficantes are not going to be very happy about being fingerprinted flying in and out of the Dominican Republic...

And a few DR1ers too?

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Ermmm. I got my fingerprints taken with ink for residency, on a modern thingy for cedula and on a same modern thingy for DL......

So big brother has been here for some time already..... ( except that for my DL they had to use my left thumb instead of the right one, cos I burned it down to the bone degraining 2 quintals of corn :confused:...... dont know what it changes though ).

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Everytime I enter the USA I am fingerprinted. Immigration desk look into the camera then place my fingers on the digital scanner. Honestly do not see the big deal ?

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
As a tourist, that would scare the hell out of me.

Well u have to get "finger printed" to enter the US ( which I try to avoid as much as possible ), AND get ure picture taken.....

Also, as europeens we dont go through any passport control flying in europe BUT these digital biometric thingy readers scan them all the time ( easy test, pop ure passport in a "anti-thingy" wallet and walk through inexistent customs, more times than not someone will come up to u to check ID.....)

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
How many other countries other than USA do this?

USA Immigration is a bit daunting for first time visitors.

Everytime I fly from this country to Miami in transit I dont even make it to the immigration desk I usually get stopped and questioned right in the hall way after getting off the plane by immigration officer speaking spanish top me. I tell them I do not soeak soanish but they continue and they see my passport drivers license credit cards all from my country I am used to it now. Remember not only is the RD a hub for drugs its a big hub for human trafficing as well.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I have never had my prints taken when entering the US. I have never had my prints taken anywhere.

I would trust the USA with my prints a hell of a lot more than the DR government.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com