Banco bhd

whitexan

Jul 1, 2015
Hi all, forgive me if I am not on the correct forum but here I go,

So Last week I had to do a bone marrow biopsy test, when I heard this I was pretty sad and had no money, so I asked around with my friends and they end up depositing some money into my account, so the following day I went to withdraw it for the test, and it said I had no money in my account. So I thought it must be a mistake but I called the bank and asked what is the problem and the lady on the phone said, "Oh it looks like you had a voucher that was pending from 2013 so we had to take the money for that, it looks like it was some groceries". So I said, I dont ever spend that much on groceries and if i do it has to be for a big occasion. She said you'd have to make a complain and it would take 3-4 working day for, so I made a complain and also told them why are you take out money for something that was done in 2013?! that doesnt make no sense, so they got back to me today also sent me an email said we have to dismiss your case because you have no evidence to support your case. So I asked for my statement and on my statement it said that "8000pesos was spent at plaza Lama 16 of June 2015". This wasn't in 2013 this was this year!! I didn't even spend 8000 pesos on anything on that day.... I dont know what to do anymore I really needed that money for my biposy test and I have nothing now.

So for my question,
Can it take 2 years for a transaction to appear on my statement?
Can they withdraw that much out of my account and transaction doesn't even have the Bank's name, it has Plaza Lama on it...
Is this even legal? and What can I do to get my money back? because I trully believe that this is a mistake, because I went through all of my receipts that I keep whenever I spent huge amount and I found that the only trransaction i made for tthat much amount was paid for by cash to buy a bed for me.

Sorry for such long paragraph but I would really appriciate your help, I would really like to know what legal actions I can take

Thank you
Ms. White

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There was a charge on a credit card with BanReservas we did not make. We were not even in country when a purchase was made in Santiago. We protested it and lost the protest. So, they can do what you want and there is little recourse but to cancel doing further business with the bank.

I think there is an office in Santiago and Santo Domingo where we could have tried to elevate the protest. I don't recall the name of the consumer affairs office, but someone might know.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Whenever a transaction is made on my BHD Visa card, I receive a text message on my phone within minutes asking if I made the transaction and if not to phone the following number. If I made the transaction to ignore the message. Several times there has been a transaction that I didn't make and my wife has phone and the error has been corrected.
This seems to be a different situation and she needs to talk directly with the bank manager, not over the phone.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
I remember their slogan "Todas las posibilidades"

The director of the consumer protection agency (Pro Consumidor), Altagracia Paulino, said in an interview:
"In this country we live in a culture of fraud..."
She mentioned several areas of common trickery (e.g. batteries), not the banks though.

El Caribe ? Altagracia Paulino:

I for one have not had an account with any Dominican bank for 17 years and thus live happily. :bunny:
Stay clear of them!

donP

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Whenever a transaction is made on my BHD Visa card, I receive a text message on my phone within minutes asking if I made the transaction and if not to phone the following number. If I made the transaction to ignore the message. Several times there has been a transaction that I didn't make and my wife has phone and the error has been corrected.
This seems to be a different situation and she needs to talk directly with the bank manager, not over the phone.

All Transactions?? I receive one once in a while but not all transactions!

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
All Transactions?? I receive one once in a while but not all transactions!

Same here, once in a while. In the last two weeks they blocked my card twice. I live in SDQ and went to the gasoline station in Boca Chica and in the afternoon in Bavaro. Next day, back in SDQ at La Sirena I wanted to pay some groceries - card blocked. Had to unblock it with CS so I could pay my bill.

Yesterday I did some online shopping, after 5 purchases card was blocked.

BOTH times, no call, no message, no email. And I used the card before these incidents daily and never any issues before...

Not happy with this and all for pennies... :mad:

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
friend, seems like your problems run deeper than banco bhd. What are you doing here if you fret over 8,000 pesos needed for a medical test? What u going to do if you need expensive medical care? GL

whitexan

Jul 1, 2015

THat is a very good idea, I will go speak to the manager. Thank you

whitexan

Jul 1, 2015

The director of the consumer protection agency (Pro Consumidor), Altagracia Paulino, said in an interview:
"In this country we live in a culture of fraud..."
She mentioned several areas of common trickery (e.g. batteries), not the banks though.

El Caribe ? Altagracia Paulino:

I for one have not had an account with any Dominican bank for 17 years and thus live happily. :bunny:
Stay clear of them!

donP

what other banks in DR are there which are not Dominican? Do we have banks such as HSBC or any other?

whitexan

Jul 1, 2015

when do you get the text? well the thing with my issue is they are saying that the money is deducted for a transaction 3 years ago. Is that even possible?

whitexan

Jul 1, 2015
friend, seems like your problems run deeper than banco bhd. What are you doing here if you fret over 8,000 pesos needed for a medical test? What u going to do if you need expensive medical care? GL

I am sorry, I do not understand what you mean? well that is the reason why I am here to make sure I don't lose any of my money, if it comes to having an expensive medical care we will see but until than I need this money for test.