Just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for all I have learned

Superpana

Jul 2, 2015
Greetings fellows. I have following a few of you for a few years, and I must say, you guys tell it like it is. I have been reading a lot of posts by Frank12 and HB. Frank I just bought 2 of your books on Amaxon today and I'm looking forward to reading them over the 4th of July weekend. I'm 48, and have been going to DR since 2010 on the advice of my brother after a 5 year marriage to a woman a met abroad, not DR and brought back to the states. To make a long story short, it ended in divorce and thank goodness it was not such an expensive lesson. Upon arriving in Sosua, I was fortunate enough to be schooled by the rules of engagement thanks to the former sea breeze hotel owner, so I avoided the newbie pitfalls. The one story that has captured my attention in trainman story. I have tried to piece toguether what happened to him, but it seems somehow that part of his narrative was deleted. Since I'm new here, I will not speak much about that issue, but all can say is that anyone who is not fortunate to have a mentor and arrives in DR, is like being thrown in to a sea full of sharks, heck even some street smart guys get caught up. Anyway just wanted to introduce myself. I love DR and I agree that it is better to rent until you find a good one and what does not kill you makes you stronger and wiser. I do have a question to ask but I will place a separate post with my question. Mars and Venus question.

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
If you can not have a bank account in the Dominican republic [ No cedula] How do you visit there for more than a month ?

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
Welcome to DR1. I find that when posting after 2am I need to check for spelling and typos (only because I am tired, honest).

GringoInParadise

May 19, 2015
Welcome to DR1. I find that when posting after 2am I need to check for spelling and typos (only because I am tired, honest).

At the time you made this post, I'm pretty sure it's not 2am, or even remotely close to it anywhere on the planet. And yet, I'm still confused as to who, or what, you are referring to.!! I don't think you are referring to the OP, because, well, his post seems fairly normal.

Sosuamatt...is it possible you would not pass a typically notorious Dominican road sobriety test at this actual moment..?

GringoInParadise

May 19, 2015
If you can not have a bank account in the Dominican republic [ No cedula] How do you visit there for more than a month ?

Just had a thought.

Stewy...is it possible you are currently in a bar with sousamatt, and have been there all night, ? Is Harleysrock with you guys..?

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
GS, you should perhaps reread the op's post. Obviously a language issue. I do not post at 2am as I am in bed early and rise early. But thanks for the info.

Superpana

Jul 2, 2015
Thanks for the greetings fellows, I have found many of your stories and advice brutally, honest so I must say.....this blog is not for the faint of heart. It is almost like a tough love blog, but have found much of the advice to be dead on in some cases......I was curious about a term used by one of the posters in a thread I started. He said the average Dominican man abroad would usually send a barrica??? What is that? Did he mean a barrel of stuff? If that is the case, Is it ok or when is it ever ok to buy a girlfriend a gift or send stuff from abroad?