DNA test

Andrea Duguay

May 2, 2015
What is the law in the Dominican Republic regarding child support and DNA testing? A friend of mine was thrown in jail for 3 days and told either pay child support or pay 20,000DP for a DNA test. He only makes 8,000DP/month.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Pay or else

What is the law in the Dominican Republic regarding child support and DNA testing? A friend of mine was thrown in jail for 3 days and told either pay child support or pay 20,000DP for a DNA test. He only makes 8,000DP/month.

That's good.
Did your friend ask you to bail him out?

.... I'm staying here with a Dominican and ...
That's also good.
Maybe you can ask the Dominican you are staying with, they usually know a lot about Dominican law.

Call them for a price (in cash USD):
Referencia - Laboratorio Cl?nico

donP

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
He has to pay for the DNA test! As far as I know what he makes is irrelevant regarding the test. If he wants to take it, the burden is on him.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Is he asking to borrow money or something?

and the mother is his Prima...

lmao..
im sorry.. i did not mean any offense Andrea..
and hope "your friend" gets out of jail and gets this sorted out..

but it sure quacks like a duck.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
OK, be careful. I can tell you that he will be allowed out after 3 days, he can not be held for longer, legally. A judge will see him and tell him off, order him to pay so much monthly a then he is free to go. If he continues to avoid paying his dues then eventually the court might send him down for a while as motivation to start manning up.
There is absolutely no way on this earth that a DNA test for the courts costs RD20,000. Especially not for a Dominican, and on my life there is no such fee for a Dominican on RD8,000 per month. That is just a lie.
I have been through the DNA thing for the courts (although for custody of my child, not failure to man up) and it has to be done through certain clinics, it was RD4,300, and I'm a gringo. I hear I got charged double. For the DNA for her BRITISH NATIONALITY that had to be arranged through clinics in the UK while I was in the DR it only cost ?434 including all the couriers and private nurses being sent to the embassy etc. So you're being lied to.
But besides the point. He would not be taken into custody for failure to pay. He would be taken into custody after having been to court many times previously and failing to adhere to the court orders. So he has been there a few times before if this is the case. If he had not then he would have simply been given a demand to appear, he would appear then be ordered to pay, or find a resolution with the mother.

Sorry, but you don't just get thrown in prison out of the blue for not paying maintenance. And you certainly do not get asked to pay RD20,000 for a DNA. If the mother wanted to prove he was the father, and he denied being the father then it would be a long drawn out process.
If he was the father yet didn't want to man up, then it would play out as stated above.

You've been seriously misinformed if you heard anything else.

Andrea Duguay

May 2, 2015
Lol, no, he didn't ask me for the money. This happened 4 years ago. I am just trying to wrap my head around how someone would pay child support for a child without even knowing if it is his. He only had sex with her once and since his kid she has had 3 more kids with 3 other men.

Andrea Duguay

May 2, 2015
There is a language barrier as he only speaks a little English and I only speak a little Spanish. Most of the conversation about his kid has been through Google Translate, which is not very reliable. DonP, the Dominican I am staying with is this guy :/ . He was only in jail for 3 days. I will try to find what he typed into the translator and maybe someone here can fill in the blank spots for me.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Lol, no, he didn't ask me for the money. This happened 4 years ago. I am just trying to wrap my head around how someone would pay child support for a child without even knowing if it is his. He only had sex with her once and since his kid she has had 3 more kids with 3 other men.

Sometimes men pay for child support because they can't afford the test, and they are the ones who have to pay.
How do you know they only had sex once? (not that it?s not possible to get pregnant).I know a case in which the guy used to say the same thing, so the wife was very supportive. He used to say that he kid wasn't his because she was a loca who slept around.
In court the wifey found out that they had have multiple encounters. To make the story short, later the results turned out positive!

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
There is a language barrier as he only speaks a little English and I only speak a little Spanish. Most of the conversation about his kid has been through Google Translate, which is not very reliable. DonP, the Dominican I am staying with is this guy :/ . He was only in jail for 3 days. I will try to find what he typed into the translator and maybe someone here can fill in the blank spots for me.

I can help you with the translating. PM me!

Andrea Duguay

May 2, 2015
I had sex with him once and got pregnant so I know it is possible, lol. (I miscarried though). And I wasn't with him 4 or 5 years ago so I don't care how much sex they had, lol. I do believe he told me at one point that she was married when he slept with her as well. He isn't the brightest bulb in the pack because he assumes that a positive pregnancy test is possible the day after having sex :/

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Dont know how it is in the DR, but I do believe in the USA once you start paying Child Support, especially for a couple years...
Even if the DNA later proves you are not the Bio father, you will STILL be paying support until that child is grown..
Your have become the Legal Father by accepting the responsibility from the get go, and so now you are the Daddy.

Would love to hear what the Resident Attorney Mr Guzman says about this with respect to DR Laws ..

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Dont know how it is in the DR, but I do believe in the USA once you start paying Child Support, especially for a couple years...
Even if the DNA later proves you are not the Bio father, you will STILL be paying support until that child is grown..
Your have become the Legal Father by accepting the responsibility from the get go, and so now you are the Daddy.

Would love to hear what the Resident Attorney Mr Guzman says about this with respect to DR Laws ..

No, it's not like that here!

Andrea Duguay

May 2, 2015
And he doesn't mind paying child support, probably because it is better than going to jail, lol. And I have no quelms about him paying child support, but if we are going to stay together and build a relationship it would ease my mind to know that his money is actually going to his child and that he is not being played. 2500DP/month is a lot out of his pocket but totally justified if it is his kid.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I had sex with him once and got pregnant so I know it is possible, lol. (I miscarried though). And I wasn't with him 4 or 5 years ago so I don't care how much sex they had, lol. I do believe he told me at one point that she was married when he slept with her as well. He isn't the brightest bulb in the pack because he assumes that a positive pregnancy test is possible the day after having sex :/

Come on Andrea, get with the sh1t. If I ever said 'my wife isn't the brightest bulb in the pack', I would be pretty much saying to the world I was a loser and happy to get focked by anything with a pulse.

Come on woman, you're like a NY police officer ffs!!