dominican cedula among the best IDs

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
few hours ago el caribe proudly announced that dominican cedula was the best and safest document of the year, according to international card manufacturers association. they said: La Junta Central Electoral (JCE) inform? este domingo que la nueva C?dula de Identidad y Electoral de la Rep?blica Dominicana ha sido reconocida como el documento de identidad personal m?s seguro, mejor dise?ado y mejor fabricado del mundo durante el a?o 2014, seg?n una entidad internacional.

i checked the ICMA page and the cedula is a finalist of their elan awards with western australia driver's license being a winner: International Card Manufacturers Association - Elan Awards |
(scroll down the page for the ID and access control cards category)

it is a great achievement and congrats even if el caribe exaggerated a bit. i was supposed to post this news earlier today but had stuff to do. i checked el caribe site just now and they are eating their hat already: La Junta Central Electoral (JCE) inform? este domingo que la nueva C?dula de Identidad y Electoral de la Rep?blica Dominicana ha sido reconocida entre los documentos de identidad personal m?s seguros, mejor dise?ados y mejor fabricados del mundo durante el a?o 2014, seg?n una entidad internacional.

the story is here: El Caribe ? Reconocen c?dula de RD entre documentos m?s seguros del mundo dise?ados en 2014

original link will now redirect but i here is a screen print:

2hobdko.jpg

good to see they were able to curb their enthusiasm and correct the mistake.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
We didn't win the thing because on this round of the card we don't include the embedded chip.

There was no point in doing so at this stage if we didn't have the equipment in place already to make the best use of it and be able to secure it.

Once we roll out the new full system, as planned, the newer cards later on after the 2016 elections will be making use of the chip.

The point of security is that we are in the process of negotiating the royalties and license to manufacture the chips in the DR. Keeping the security at the max from manufacture to issuing.

We need millions of chips. Costs are bigger when including them, when there's no present use for such tech in our system, as is now.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
We didn't win the thing because on this round of the card we don't include the embedded chip.

There was no point in doing so at this stage if we didn't have the equipment in place already to make the best use of it and be able to secure it.

Once we roll out the new full system, as planned, the newer cards later on after the 2016 elections will be making use of the chip.

The point of security is that we are in the process of negotiating the royalties and license to manufacture the chips in the DR. Keeping the security at the max from manufacture to issuing.

We need millions of chips. Costs are bigger when including them, when there's no present use for such tech in our system, as is now.

Are you suggesting that another new cedula is possible soon? Are you sure?

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
Sounds like a new cedula is coming. I guess the plan is to track, tax and manage the people in the DR and the chip will help do that.

Feb 7, 2007
Most if not all EU countries include microchip on their ID cards since several years ago. Microchips are also embedded in passports (inside the biometric page).

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
The reaction given you would think the JCE were involved in the technology, design or any stage other than aesthetics. Give the guys a lolly pop, let them get on with trying to decide who gets one. Once they know who's in the country and they have any control over that, then they'll get a pat on the back and a jumbo.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Most if not all EU countries include microchip on their ID cards since several years ago. Microchips are also embedded in passports (inside the biometric page).

This will eventually be done around the world, in every country. Getting ready for the New World Order.;)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
NOT IN THE USA!!!!!!!1

We value our privacy too much!!!!!!

cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

I'd LOVE to know "Which 6 months"???????????????/

He's just a "proxy" for the dr gov. propaganda machine!!!