Rosetta Stone on sale

Aug 6, 2006
Every so often, woot.com puts Rosetta Stone on sale. Today, Wednesday July 7th is one of those rare days.
The sale price today is $135 delivered to anywhere in the US.
This is not an endorsement, just a note to anyone who thinks that this is a better price than $100 more.
It is a good program, and will help people learn a variety of languages including Spanish.
I have seen it on sale for less on craigslist from time to time, so this may not be the best price.

I receive no commission for this, and feel free to delete this after midnight, July 7, 2015.
I know there are a lot of people who could benefit from this by comments they have made.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
The Haitian dude sells it for $20 in Sosua, and makes a very nice living doing it.
He'll even pay you commission, so you may have some competition fellow.

Aug 6, 2006
Well, in that case, I might go with the Haitian dude, but ya hablo espa?ol desde hace siglos y no lo necesito. And i am not into violating copyright laws. I am not selling anything. I am not in any sort of business and get no commission. I just posted this for the benefit of people who need to learn more Spanish.
Perhaps you could provide the name of said Haitian dude as a public service for those who live in the DR, as I do not know how to tell people how to get it delivered there.

It just occurred to me that someone might benefit from knowing this.

Thanks for the tip.

islandhopping

Nov 11, 2014
Well, in that case, I might go with the Haitian dude, but ya hablo espa?ol desde hace siglos y no lo necesito. And i am not into violating copyright laws. I am not selling anything. I am not in any sort of business and get no commission. I just posted this for the benefit of people who need to learn more Spanish.
Perhaps you could provide the name of said Haitian dude as a public service for those who live in the DR, as I do not know how to tell people how to get it delivered there.

It just occurred to me that someone might benefit from knowing this.

Thanks for the tip.

If he sales the real versions, not bootleg copies. I would buy all of them and resell them.
Next time I am in town, in a few months, I will look for him.

islandhopping

Nov 11, 2014
They are bootleg, no box, and a ****ty made sleeve the discs are in...

in that case, it is a ripoff. 20$ for a CD. it cost less than two dollars to buy a blank CD and copy it. There are few websites to access to level one for free, if you look in the write places online.

I can't blame the guy for trying to make a hustle.

Thanks for the insight.

Aug 6, 2006
If you speak standard Spanish in the DR, you will be understood. They will understand your questions, but you may not understand the answers.
Dominicans listen to enough TV and radio broadcasts that feature standard Spanish that they understand it pretty well.

One useful trick is learning how to ask questions in such a way as to cause the answer to be intelligible.
Either/or questions and yes/no questions will normally elicit intelligible answers.

Entonces, ?viene ma?ana? ?s? o no?
?Tomas Brugal o Presidente?

Jul 28, 2014
If you speak standard Spanish in the DR, you will be understood. They will understand your questions, but you may not understand the answers.
Dominicans listen to enough TV and radio broadcasts that feature standard Spanish that they understand it pretty well.

One useful trick is learning how to ask questions in such a way as to cause the answer to be intelligible.
Either/or questions and yes/no questions will normally elicit intelligible answers.

Entonces, ?viene ma?ana? ?s? o no?
?Tomas Brugal o Presidente?

If you are gonna speak "Dominican" Spanish, don't put the S on entonces...