Cholera vaccine works well

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/09/h...0150709&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=42303622&_r=0

An inexpensive, little-known cholera vaccine appears to work so well that it can protect entire communities and perhaps head off explosive epidemics like the one that killed nearly 10,000 Haitians in 2010.

A major study published on Wednesday in The Lancet found that the vaccine gave individuals more than 50 percent protection against cholera and reduced life-threatening episodes of the infection by about 40 percent in Bangladesh, where the disease has persisted for centuries.

In a result that surprised researchers, the vaccine worked far better than supplying families with chlorine for their water and soap for hand-washing.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
still waiting for some sukcer to bring up a cure for the side effects of Chikungunya.
since 3 weeks i am on it again,
exactly 1 year after i caught it and passed it quiet easily.
but now started the aftermath.
shyt!!!!

Mike

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
still waiting for some sukcer to bring up a cure for the side effects of Chikungunya.
shyt!!!!

Mike

If you have Chikungunya once, you should be immune from getting it again (to me this indicates there could be a vaccine developed if there was enough money in it for the drug companies).

Are you certain it is Chikungunya again and not something else, perhaps more serious?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
still waiting for some sukcer to bring up a cure for the side effects of chikungunya.
Since 3 weeks i am on it again,
But now started the aftermath.
Shyt!!!!

Mike

me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

"Windy" we don't have it AGAIN, just having after effects!!!!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
If you have Chikungunya once, you should be immune from getting it again (to me this indicates there could be a vaccine developed if there was enough money in it for the drug companies).

Are you certain it is Chikungunya again and not something else, perhaps more serious?

If I remember correctly from the Chikungunya thread of a million posts, for some people the symptoms can reoccur for years. :(

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun

as CCCCC stated, it is not that i got Chiki Again, it is just that now, after exactly one year to be diagnosed with it, i get side effects again. according to the Doc it is effects of the last summer contracted Chikungunya. this time the effects are on my right hand, specially my right thumb. like a rheumatical thingy, the only relief to move the finger more or less acceptable is a creme as a anti-inflamatorio-antiflogistico, it is a thick creme/Gel. got it recommended from a friend's wife who sufers since a year continuously on rheumatical effects since chikungunya.
the Gel is not sold in pharmacies, you get it a the Vet's Pharmacy.
we use that creme to cure Horses and other animals, after they hit their bones hard on Rocks or such.
it is named Dermolan.
according to the Doc, effects of Chikungunya can come and go during a time frame over several years, some people (like my friend's wife) have long term continuous effects going up and down/worse-better-worse-better.
it is suspected that some will for life never stop to get effects back at times.
i just hope it will not last much longer, i have the trouble with my right hand since around 3 weeks now, darn.
what i use during the days is a small towel sucked in cold water, it brings relief from the strange feeling of my finger.

Hey,
in Tom's case i would usually just say
"it's da age, Man, it's da age", lol,
but i am just 50 and never ever had anything significant with my health.
til last summer,
the summer i met Chiki.

Mike

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
shyt!!!!

Mike

Mike I have helped a lot of people with DMSO roll on it works in minuets. I also gave it to two doctors who also
had success.
Good luck

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Back to OP and a bit more.

I have travelled to many places around the world...not enough yet. I have lived in extreme unsanitary conditions too.

Always was told the cholera jab was u/s less than 20% protection and coca cola was better.

Never had a cholera jab. My body has hep B resistance.

Today people live and don't build up natural body resistance to infections and rely on drugs and new innovations to keep healthy.

But mozzies freak me having lived amongst those that give celebral malaria......24 hour and out. Gordons with quinine is a good bet against as well as the wheel of tablets......2 daily one weekly.