Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    Silver
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,623
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Punta Cana to POP - Metro or Caribe?

    I have a friend landing in PC around 3pm on a Tuesday. Is Metro or Caribe closer to the airport? What's the best bus co. to get to Playa Dorada? Thanks

  2. #2
    Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctrob View Post
    I have a friend landing in PC around 3pm on a Tuesday. Is Metro or Caribe closer to the airport? What's the best bus co. to get to Playa Dorada? Thanks
    I am almost positive that there is no Metro or Caribe Tour.
    There is a bus service called Sitrabapo that you have to get in Friusa ( Bavaro, about 10 minutes from PC airport) that Will take you to Higuey. From there you can get the Caribe Tour or the Metro. The whole trip from Punta Cana to Playa dorada will take about 7/8 hours

  3. #3
    Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    361
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danytravel View Post
    I am almost positive that there is no Metro or Caribe Tour.
    There is a bus service called Sitrabapo that you have to get in Friusa ( Bavaro, about 10 minutes from PC airport) that Will take you to Higuey. From there you can get the Caribe Tour or the Metro. The whole trip from Punta Cana to Playa dorada will take about 7/8 hours

    Does Metro or Caribe Tour have buses leaving Higuey going to POP.......

  4. #4
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,593
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    metro or caribe only go as far as SD. then it's expreso bavaro. the trip from PUJ to POP will take whole day with a change in SD.

  5. #5
    Gold
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,107
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    First step, taxi from the airport to Friusa. Second step, Expreso Bavaro from Friusa to SD. Third step from SD to POP Metro or Caribe. In the absence of Expreso Bavaro (it runs only 3 or 4 times a day) from same Friusa Expreso Sitrabapu to Higuey (Basilica) and from there APTPRA to SD.

  6. Likes caribmike liked this post
  7. #6
    Silver
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,280
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rubio_higuey View Post
    First step, taxi from the airport to Friusa. Second step, Expreso Bavaro from Friusa to SD. Third step from SD to POP Metro or Caribe. In the absence of Expreso Bavaro (it runs only 3 or 4 times a day) from same Friusa Expreso Sitrabapu to Higuey (Basilica) and from there APTPRA to SD.
    Rubio got it, I prefer Metro from SD.

  8. #7
    Gold
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I prefer Metro as well, but Caribe does run more frequently. Given a choice of sitting in SD for an hour or two or using that time to progress towards my destination, I think I'd opt to be on the move.

  9. #8
    Silver
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,705
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not sure if at 3p your friend will be able to get to POP the same day from PC. Family has always taken Metro from PC (Friusa) to SD and never have had a problem. I do know seats fill up so they have always gotten there (Friusa) early. From SD I have always gone Metro.

  10. #9
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,593
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    expreso bavaro leaves at 4 pm. Expreso Bávaro - Autobuses entre Santo Domingo y Bávaro Punta Cana
    i would think the chances of clearing the immigration, retrieving the luggage and then catching that bus within 1 hour are low?

  11. #10
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    i would think the chances of clearing the immigration, retrieving the luggage and then catching that bus within 1 hour are low?
    We have only come through PC once, but that was an incredible wait, first in immigration (despite the fact that none of us were tourists), then collecting the luggage. It took almost 40 minutes after the immigration to see the first suitcase from our flight. I now hate that airport, we are always very fast clearing in POP.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •