Back again for 4 weeks and it's time to travel a bit

Rasputin

Jan 27, 2015
I'm one week into a 4 week stay for work this time. Cafeteria food and the scenery is already become boring. Some friends and I will travel to Cabarete Sosua Puerto plata next weekend. Can we find acceptable Chinese food styled like USA in these towns. I have read about the place in Cabarete but also read that cooking is not exactly like the take away some of us are missing. We will also try to find the restaurant at andy camp which is supposed to good.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
The Chinese Restaurant in Cabarete is pretty decent and I am from Vancouver where there are LOTS of Chinese restaurants.

A Chinese restaurant recently opened up on Pedro Clistante in Sosua but it is not as good as the Cab one.

i second that, Harley man. they moved to Cabarete from POP, and the town went into a deep funk when they left. the big plus , beyond the great food, is that they are really nice folks, and i wish them every success they are having over there. i was tempted to say i wish they would flop and come back to POP, but that ain?t righteous.

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
It's the only Thai food in town but I would hardly use the adjective "best."

Aren't there two Thai places in the Sosua area?

-The first is up in laMulatta (2?). Up the hill, past las Canas, then make a left. I remember it as a real nice setting around a pool. And really pretty good Thai food.
-The second opened in that little courtyard plaza by the old "Plutos/Happy Time Bar" (now remodeled as a pizza place "Little New York Pizza", or something like that? ) It's a combo Thai / Sushi place with decent food. You can eat at the small bar, at one of the tables in the small plaza courtyard, or inside in the air - conditioned section.

I haven't been up to La mulatta in a while, but the other Thai/sushi place was open when I went by last week.