Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Moving mucho stuff from CT storage space to North Coast

Contents of two (2!) houses in US, one in Maine, one in CT, in storage. Long story, not interesting, messy divorce. I have till Oct. 1 to empty the storage units. On the advice of a Dominican friend (an international one who born & educated in Santiago,has lived in US, Amsterdam, England), I'm just having the Dominican company from the Bronx come and cart it all up and send it on down. My friend says that even the schtoopidest American things will sell for 3x as much here as in the US. And what do I care? There is an allotment in the settlement that covers my shipping costs. (NOTE: I am not some gold-digging shikseh. This is a negotiated court settlement for 26 years of a bad marriage.)

But the issue is finding an apartment (and I think an apartment, not a house) that is unfurnished. I know this crosses forum lines, but if anybody has any insights into unfurnished real estate, your input would be greatly appreciated. It could include a beer and a blow job. (That's a joke. The beer part. jajajajajaja)

2. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

i could put myself into service or press myself into it... first get your residency....no tax on goods...one car etc might take a 90 days etc...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

You may rue the day, my fren.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

You know the residency rules right Meems?

Car at discounted rate and a load of furniture..... in the first 6 months only

Still, your Bronx shipment is the fastest and easiest way to fly.
    It will arrive at your door for the price quoted.

Let me know if you need any contacts..... I'm a regular customer
    (weed whacker in transit as we type)

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

With a good lawyer you could probably have residency by September. Count it among your shipping fees, as the taxes could be crazy-high anyway. Especially on a car (40%+ on the perceived value).

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

That wasn't my car experience , Jaime......... a an incoming resident

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

The shipping costs will pale in comparison to the customs tax. Even if you do it within the 6 months of residency they limit the number of duplicate items you can bring in discounted.

Administrator
    DR1.com

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly why I recommend getting residency first. On a tourist visa the costs to receive the goods will go through the roof.

Sent from my SPH-L600 using Tapatalk

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

My residencia is in process. If I have to pay taxes/fees, so be it. The former husband is supposed to be covering those costs as per the settlement agreement. The company I have used in the past is Family Cargo Express. If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd be happy to know them.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you post a recent photo before I RESPOND?????????????????????????????

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast