Are NGO's cashing in on Haiti?

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Are Foreign NGOs Rebuilding Haiti or Just Cashing In?

"The money was just going back to the United States.?

With the mess that Haiti finds itself and which has been a big factor behind why Haitians left their country to DR in large numbers recent years (two thirds of the total in DR in last ten years), as well as many other Caribbean and South American countries, this perhaps is an matter more US journalists should explore with equal emotion to that with which they express in their anti DR articles.

BlondeJustice

May 28, 2014
I was wondering when someone was going to bring this angle up. I've been reading all the articles I can find on this subject and also have personal experience living in the DR. I believe Haitian politicians, with the help of "do-good" organisations, are trying to create a "humanitarian crisis" out of the DR's move to regularise immigration. Haiti is out of money. Many organisations, politicians, companies and foreign workers have drained Haiti of the $Billions generously contributed by the World following the devastating January 2010 earthquake. As we have seen, a pittance of those dollars benefited the Haitian population directly. How better to tap into that generosity once again than by creating another crisis.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I was wondering when someone was going to bring this angle up. I've been reading all the articles I can find on this subject and also have personal experience living in the DR. I believe Haitian politicians, with the help of "do-good" organisations, are trying to create a "humanitarian crisis" out of the DR's move to regularise immigration. Haiti is out of money. Many organisations, politicians, companies and foreign workers have drained Haiti of the $Billions generously contributed by the World following the devastating January 2010 earthquake. As we have seen, a pittance of those dollars benefited the Haitian population directly. How better to tap into that generosity once again than by creating another crisis.

Exactly. Why would the Haitian government even bother to help out with the plan? There is no benefit on cooperating. This was clear from the beginning.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Are Foreign NGOs Rebuilding Haiti or Just Cashing In?

"The money was just going back to the United States.”

With the mess that Haiti finds itself and which has been a big factor behind why Haitians left their country to DR in large numbers recent years (two thirds of the total in DR in last ten years), as well as many other Caribbean and South American countries, this perhaps is an matter more US journalists should explore with equal emotion to that with which they express in their anti DR articles.

"The Clinton Foundation" is doing pretty well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC