internationally certified Vacinations

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Anyone know where in Santiago I can get a international certified Yellow Fever vaccination. I'm going on vacation to Brazil in September and my shot expired in 2008. It is a mandatory requirement.
I know of a place in Santo Domingo but Santiago is much closer. Thanks in advance.

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
I got the free one from the government in Santo Domingo. The company arranged it and I live closer Santiago. So I am thinking that is the only place. Ministerio de Publica Salud. I kind of laughed because they had all the vaccines in the room stored in United Nations coolers.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Brasil requires yellow fever vaccination? News to me. Been to Brasil maybe 40 times. Stayed two months one year and three months another. Never an issue.

Did have to cancel a major trip to CR because of yellow fever vaccination though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Brasil requires yellow fever vaccination? News to me. Been to Brasil maybe 40 times. Stayed two months one year and three months another. Never an issue.

Did have to cancel a major trip to CR because of yellow fever vaccination though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to the Brazilian embassy on Tuesday and that is not only what they told us, but they gave us a print-out telling you so.

botemon

Jun 28, 2008
I had to get this done in February for a trip to Africa. I'll post the place in STI tomorrow cause I can't remember (CRS)! It was a PITA...took about 3 hours and cost nothing. I had Yellow, Polio and something else.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Apparently they can be done at Hospital Jose Maria Cabral y Baez. We'll phone tomorrow an confirm. Be nice to be saved the trip to Santo Domingo.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
ckd many web sites including the embassy/ consulates and on each site, travel to certain areas it is reccomended but to other areas such as rio and san paola-no. at no time does it say that it is REQUIRED.
i have also have gone to rio and no vaccinations were required

I can photocopy and paste the page from the embassy.

Certificado International de la vacuna contra la Fiebre Amarilla
tomar la vacuna 10 dias antes del viaje

Perhaps this is for anyone leaving from the DR, but I did my research and Brazil currently has endemicos de Fiebre Amarilla

botemon

Jun 28, 2008
Yes. thats where I got mine done at Hospital Jose Maria Cabral y Baez. Here is the process that I used. I went to my local hospital in Luperon and they called POP. Then I went to the place in POP, and they told me I would be placed on a list. Because of the cost and quantity of the vaccination(s), they could ony do 16 people at one time. I was number 8. That was not acceptable, so they call the vaccination place at Hospital Jose Maria Cabral y Baez. I was also placed on a list, and could come the next day. You will need to arrive EARLY. I was there around 7:00am. The place is not in the main hospital, but in a separate building in the back. My spanish sucks so it was a challenge for me to find the correct door in the other building but I made it. They will take your passport until the whole process is over and staple the "card" to a page in your passport. Its not really a "card". just a small piece of individually numbered paper that show the vaccinations and the date. I went to Africa and no one ever asked me for it! HA! Yellow Fever vaccinations are expensive.... but like I said they were free. This was in February. Cheers

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I have an international certifications book made just for international immunization which I have almost filled. Hopefully they put it in there as well.