Need donations of wood, wire mesh etc to make small farm. NC

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
:bunny:
Ok, i am making an organic mini farm where i want to raise free range chickens, geeze, turkeys etc and i desperately need materials to build fence and shelters for my future farm animals, especially link wire, poles, plywood, chicken wire, barb wire, hangers, big buckets or plastic containers/tanks etc.
I want to help the comunity to eat healthy and have an access to fresh pastured eggs, organic antibiotic free meat and even worms to feed your own birds or fish. It is going to be awesome and also i will have a petting zoo. That was my childhood dream and now i want to make it reality, i would appreciate any kind of support.
In exchange for materials i can offer manicure to ladies, homemade sauerkraut, take to or meet your friend in PP airport, or just big thank you. I can pick up materials when its convenient for you. May be you have a pile of nice wood that you dont need and i could help you get rid of it for a good purpose.

I am saving money to buy the animals and their feed because it will take a few months before they will be ready to lay eggs or become a steak.

Also if somebody wants to participate in constructing or have some knowledge to share - please do!
Another thing i need is plants that bloom, flowers i mean. I want to make the area of petting zoo look nice to visit
Big clay pots also needed.
Small pond is also in a project so if you know a guy who can make a mini pond pls recommend.

Or may be you want to donate money, it would be also great! Im only working person in a family with many mouths to feed and its hard to save a big amount of cash, thats the single thing that holds me back from my dream :(
Zoo-Farm will be in Cabarete Encuentro.

Let me know what you think folks!
:bunny:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Jessica, when you say you "want to help the comunity to eat healthy and have an access to fresh pastured eggs, organic antibiotic free meat and even worms to feed your own birds or fish" what do you mean?

Will you be donating these things, or is this a for-profit venture?

It sounds like you'll be making money off this, but want others to pick up the start-up costs. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I want to make some elderly people happy. I want to visit them and make them smile. --- My parents in Germany.

Everybody who can could you please donate for my tickets? Thank you!!! I can bring you some Sauerkraut and Schwarzbrot for your efforts... :bunny:

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Her heart is in the right place. I believe she wants to show the locals how to compost, plant and raise their own organic veggies. Sort of like a mini eco-center. It takes money to do this so yes, she would have to make money to keep it going. And her family needs to eat to.. Good luck Jessica.

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
Yes i will donate everything to poor gringos... Seriously, i see no problems sharing what i have in abundance but since i havnt got enough to start im asking those who like to share too, especially if they dont need something and it just rotts behind their houses and attracts rodents.
I personally would like to be able to buy organic meats and eggs from a responsible farmer (that i will be). Im not begging and i offer my services in return. May be people who made that comments think im going to make millions of my small farm? I would be happy if money i will make off eggs and goat milk will pay for the feed of my animals.
Its sad to see how people starve here while having all this land and sun that would help them grow their own food. in my mini zoo i want to teach children how to handle animals with care and have a fun time interracting with them.
I just love animals. Would not you like to bring your child to a nice little zoo where he or she could touch them, watch them walking around and eat of their hands? Same kind of Ocean World thing but without cruelty. Then get some fresh eggs for your family.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
We do that (more/less) , Yessica

our garden often produces more than we use....
neighbors/employees/friends get the surplus.

Composting has amazed them - and me !!
so much less basura and so much less stench...

Avocado trees, etc sprout from the'dump'.... replanted for future enjoyment

good project,,,,,,,,