donP

Dec 14, 2008
My 'colmado' lady said, they do not make it any more. :disappoin
Will I now have to resort to Presipi$$? :cheeky:

donP

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Best Before?

Could be the last of it and when stock is gone that is it?

Could very well be... :disappoin
There should be a best before date (or even the date of manufactoring/brewing) on it.
That might solve the mystery.
No one in Las Terrenas seems to have the stuff any more. :cry:

donP

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Settling for Presipi$$

"SHE" didn't have ANY!
So she wanted to sell you SOMETHING,...ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My first thought also. ;)
But then we checked around and nobody had Bohemia in Las Terrenas and all said that they may not get it any more.
We settled for Presipi$$ 24 pequenas for 1,500RD$...

donP

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
how do they get away with charging so much for a middle of the road beer? They have a monopoly on the beer market but nobody seems to care.

Serge1960

Apr 2, 2014
Last week at Kahuna's , Jose O'Shay & Yesterday no problem with Buying ....& Drinking Bohemia Grande , little Italy Restaurant across from Ocean one had the small bottles. La Sirena P.P. no where to be found .... Janets for a year now I always thought they favored Presidente, they had some tucked away when I was back last October, had to ask for it.

if what you are thinking that the brand will dissolve, that would be a pity to me the bohemia tastes just plain better that Presidente

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
how do they get away with charging so much for a middle of the road beer? They have a monopoly on the beer market but nobody seems to care.

The locals are quite happy with Presidente and Bohemia. Some are even drinking Brahma which is really, really bad. Supply and demand. Supply and demand and logistics.

Creating micro breweries that have great beer are impractical in the DR because of the electricity situation.

It seems an expert will be needed to get to the bottom of the Bohemia beer barrel.

Rasputin

Jan 27, 2015
Everyone's tastes are different. I personally do not much like Presidente. Last time I was here someone posted that they moving here and would open a brewpub. I'm prepared to import a couple cases of growlers for them to fill up everytwo weeks if that would help.

I will miss bohemia if it turns out to be true that there will be no more. Might be time to switch from beer to the hard stuff.

Feb 7, 2007
Both Facebook and Twitter links for Cerveza Bohemia on Cerveceria Nacional Dominicana's products page are no longer functional (accounts non existent). Could this be the indication of a discontinued product?

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
If this is true I might seriously consider leaving the Island....:disappoin:angry::mad:

Aug 6, 2006
Bohemia, especially regular (non-Lite) Bohemia does taste better to me than the ubiquitous Presidente Light.
I think it might be possible that some marketing geniuses ran a survey and discovered that there was no net drop in sales and profits in areas where Bohemia was made unavailable, so why bother with the annoyance of having two colors of bottles and two brands when the same profits could be made with just one?

Presidente and Brahma are not terrible, but definitely not my favorite. I do not pretend to be a great beer connoisseur, but they are too watery and insufficiently bitter.
My favorite, after several years of dedicated research is Moosehead Lager. I also like Oktoberfest beer that they serve on tap at German American clubs.
They sell it bottled, but it is not the same taste.